chapter six

Y/n PoV//////

You couldn't understand how you got there, or why you were there, but sure enough, you were there. Back in the woods. walking... you were alone, you did not know where you were heading, or wich direct you were going.

the forest scenery was strange,  like a plane parallel to this one, but rearranged.  (a/n if you know that reference I love you)

the color was faded, as if it was sucked right out. your surroundings were very strange indeed, it almost seemed unreal. 

True, you were seeing it, but it felt as if it were only a mere projection, as if when you leaned into the trees, you would fall right through. Right into an abyss of space and nothingness. Like the nothingness, and space we walk in everyday, and sleep in at night. Except, it felt almost like if you were to fall through the projection of the forest you appeared in, you couldn't see the other side, if there even was an other side at all. If there even was anything else, other than the space you were falling in, in the moment that you made up in your head. Questioning if it would happen, if you leaned into the trees.

the forest looked like an old, long forgotten photo, left outside, exposed to the harsh sun. the sun, the snow, the rain, the wind, the hail, the thunderstorms, the blizzards, slowly causing the color of the moment it held, to slowly degrade. The image, and the memory, slowly fading from existence. unbeknownst to the owner, who held the withering memory in the back of their subconious, of course. Even through the years in the realm of the forgotten, the long lost photo, of the long forgotten memory, still delicately lays in the same place. Awaiting to be found. Awaiting redemption to the memories of the onlooker(s). And they would remember it, once they would find it. They would gaze at it, taking it all in. Letting the memory sink in.

Whether it was good or bad, who knows? The memory has not had the redemption it awaits. The redemption it longs for, hopelessly dreaming, and waiting. Seemingly, It had been patently waiting since the begining. But if it was always there, whose memory would it be? Was it yours? Was it your own memory? one you couldn't remember? Or maybe it was a memory from a future experience that will one day happen, but it  waits for the day you will experience it, so when you look at it, you will remember it. And not just endlessly waiting for it, endlessly waiting, just like the photo.

maybe that's where you were heading. Maybe this was all a fading picture, and you were going to find the story it has to give, the side no one has heard. Whether it was good, or bad, you didn't know.

Sudenly, eyes were all around you.  The trees looked at you with crisp golden eyes, before your entire surroundings changed. You appeared in the small opening in the woods , the same spot where Ben had taken you.  You stood infront of the statue,  the same feeling you got when you had touched it ran through you. Echos passed through the leaves, swirling in the air, as the menacing sound reached your ears, sending more cold shivers down your spine. They got louder and louder, until it earned itself, you recalling it.  They were the echos you heard when ben was with you! And hey were chanting the same thing. Still you could not tell what they were saying.

All of the sudden, your surroundings melted away, and you were left standing in a black abyss. Your body trembled, as your eyes were wide with fear. The voices rang loudly in your ears, making your ears hurt, your body was sore, yet numb, from shaking. Golden eyes flashed open shining in the darkness, they all surrounded you, staring down at you. You could feel the demonic presence in the atmosphere. Which terrified you.

the echoing voices chanted what they had previously on, said in whispers.

our past is nothing but stone, our future is unknown; hold ontight to your dear, a darker side may reveal; shake the hands of the devil, so you can keep a deal with another, until a compromise, may intertwine, the so called dark and the light