Part 15 - Britney Gets A Call

Hunter Willis' POV

The days seemed darker, rainier and longer without her. I woke up with a hangover the other day to find a note on my counter. A goodbye note.

Dear, Hunt,

I think I’ve stayed here long enough,

 it’s time I go back to the US.

Sorry for not telling you this in person,

But I douth you’d understand anything.

I wish you luck and success in whatever you do.

I’ll get a lawer and send you the papers when I can.

It’ll be as if I was never there.

Love, Acadia.

P.S. You might want to talk to Sam.

   I rolled the letter into a ball and threw it in the trash. She was gone. By this time, she was already in California, back to her sweet Tom. The man who didn’t even bother calling her after she just disappeared, as if he didn’t care about her. The thought made my blood boil in anger.

   I remembered everything that happened at the party, I wasn’t as drunk as Vegas. I remembered what happened between me and Dia. What happened between me and Sam too.

   She said she needed to show me something, she pulled me up to her bedroom – the party was at her place. She made me sit on the bed and wait as she entered the bathroom.

   A few minutes, she came back into the room and smiled devilishly at me.

   She was wearing nothing but a lace black bra and panties and her hair was undone and wild.

   “Hunter, you have no idea how long I’ve been waiting for this moment,” she said and walked over to me.

   She sat down on my keens and kissed me.

   I felt crazy uncomfortable. It was like kissing my sister! I felt bad that she felt that way about me and I didn’t. The last thing our friendship needed was too complicated it with her being in love with me!

   I pushed her away gently, not wanted to be rude.

   “I’m sorry, Sam... But I really don’t look at you that way...” I said nervously.

   I made her get off of my knees and stood up.

   I looked at her hurt eyes. She was about to burst into tears and I had not a clue what to do. I’ve seen her cry before, but the situation was just unpleasant for both of us.

   Without a world, I left the room and went down to the bar. I noticed Dia talking to Blake and he seemed very flirty. I clenched my jaw and did what I found was the most suitable thing to do; get drunk.

   Then the thing with Dia went down... Then Sam came into the picture... and everything was just... I don’t even have the worlds to explain it!

   I couldn’t believe I told her I loved her! Idiot! I mentally slapped myself when I thought of it. I wasn’t the kind of guy to tell a girl how I felt. Never had I told a girl that I loved her without her telling me first. I liked knowing that she felt the same before blurting it out and ruing everything like I did with Dia.

   Yes, I did really love her; I meant it when I said it even if she probably thought that I had only said it because I was drunk.

   But when I kissed her, she didn’t pull away. She kissed me back. There had to be something there for her too, right?

   Corey called me to hang out tonight, it has been a few days since she had left and i figured that maybe I should go try and have some fun, but when I arrived at the club, my heart wasn’t in it and I left early.

   When I arrived home, I sat down on the couch and noticed I sat on something hard. I got up to see Dia’s little black hand bag. She forgot it here.

   Though I wasn’t the snoop kind either, I looked inside to find her cell phone, our wedding ring and a pack of 5 mint gum.

   I held the piece of jewellery between my fingers and observed it. The little diamond was shining with the reflection of the light of the suit. I smiled slightly and placed it back into her purse.

   I picked up the cell phone and had a sudden idea. I could contact her through someone else! I turned the phone on to see a shit load of messages, but ignored them all. I just needed to talk to her.

   I went through her contacts and found the one she was the most likely to be with right then. I called the contact and placed that device against my ear, hearing it ringing.

   Finally, he picked up. Tom sounded half asleep and that’s when I remembered he was in a completely different time zone. Oups.

   “Hello?” he asked.

   “Hello, this is Hunter. Is Dia there?” I asked slightly nervous. He knew I was currently his fiancés husband which means that he probably wouldn’t like me very much. I was praying that he was too asleep to realize who it was.

   “Sorry, she’s not here. Try Britney,” he simply said and hung up.

   I imagined that it was normal for Dia to be with her friend, catching up and all, but in the middle of the night?

   I put the phone down and decided I’d call her when it’d be morning there.

   The phone was ringing and I started to feel nervous. What was I going to say exactly? Was she still with Britney, maybe I should have tried calling Tom again...

   “Hello?” I heard a high pitched feminine voice say on the other end.

   “Hello, Britney? This is Hunter, we met in Vegas.”

   “Oh my God, Hunter! Hi!” she said excitedly. “How’d you find my number?”

   “Dia left her phone here in London,” I explained. “Could you maybe let me talk to her for a second?”

   “Dia’s in the shower and you probably know how she takes forever in there,” she said, with a small giggle.

   She was right, once that water was running, don’t expect her to come out any time soon.

   “Oh, hum, ok then.”

   “You know, she’s been feeling real down lately. I’ve tried everything I could, but I think she really misses you,” she admitted.

   “Really?” I asked with a bit of hope.

   “Yeah,” she answered. “Oh! I have an idea!” she squealed. “Come here! I think she’d really love to see you! Oh please! Pretty pretty please with a huge fucking cherry on top?” she practically begged, though it was a waste of time. Of course, I wanted to go.

   “Sure, I’ll be there as fast as I can,” I said and she did only of those excited girl screams I’ll never get use to no matter how many red carpets I do.

   She gave me her address and hung up. I hurried to pack my bags as fast as humanly possible while on the phone with the airport. No flights were free. It I wanted to get there as soon as possible, I would be forced to use the private jet they kept for when me and my other co-stars had important interviews or went filming out of the country.

   I knew I wasn’t allowed to use it for my own personal needs, but I figured if I explained my case afterwards, they’d let it slid.

   I booked the flight and ran out the door.