- five

"Youngjae-ah, will you sing for us today?" One of the regular customers chimed as she walked into the small shop. Youngjae had gotten into the habit of singing a few songs for the customers almost everyday while he was on his break. He didn't mind that he didn't leave much time to just sit and relax, because singing was relaxing to him and he would take any opportunity to perform for people and make them smile.

He would stand over by the window, where he and Seokjin had shifted the table to form a small area with a seat for Youngjae to sit and serenade the customers. It was his favourite part of the day.

"Of course I will~ Do you have any requests?" Youngjae answered with a broad smile on his face.

"Hmm... do you know the song 'On and On' by VIXX?" She held a hand up to her chin as she considered her suggestion.

"Say no more~" He nodded vigorously.

"Ah, thank you!"

"Anytime." He continued serving customers right up until his break, which lead him straight to his performance area, and the few customers sitting around were watching excitedly.

"So this song was requested by the lovely lady over there in the corner, and it is 'On and On' by VIXX. I hope you enjoy it~" He began singing, cracking a few notes due to nervousness but it still managed to take people's breath away.
A round a applause sounded around the small shop when Youngjae finished and he smiled proudly before continuing onto another song.
He finished a few songs before his break ended, so he stood from his chair and bowed, thanking everyone for listening. He strode happily back behind the counter, full of energy to serve however many customers that came in.

He watched as a young man stood from his seat in a booth and walked up to the counter, and he smiled immediately upon eye contact before greeting him.

"Hi, welcome to 'Cutie Cupcakes'~ How may I help you?"

"Hi. My name is Kang Jungho and I work as a talent scout for JYP entertainment. I listened to you singing just now, and I think you have what it takes to become an idol. So I'm offering you a chance to audition for JYP Entertainment, if you'd like to take it. Here, take my card and call me when you make up your mind about whether or not you want to audition. Have a nice day." And with that, he left, turning his collar up against the cold as he left the shop. Youngjae jut stood there, dumbfounded as he tried to process what had just happened.

"Oh my god..."

~ ~ ~

"Ah, Jaebum~ How may I help you today?" Youngjae was full of happiness, the thought of a step towards his dream had given him the biggest grin and so much energy.

"I'd like a white-chocolate mocha please," Jaebum smiled, noticing the younger's excitement, "what's got you in such a good mood?"

Youngjae's grin grew wider, "It's five minutes until the end of my shift, stick around until I'm done and then I'll tell you, okay?"

"Okay?" Jaebum laughed and collected his change, found a seat and pulled his phone out to play a game while he waited.

He watched from his seat near the window as a young man came into the shop and walked behind the counter, greeting Youngjae warmly. He felt a tiny pang of jealousy at how Youngjae smiled at the boy, but brushed it aside quickly.
The younger took off his apron and handed it o the newcomer, picking up to drinks and carrying them over to where Jaebum was seated.

"Jaebum! Are you ready?" Youngjae seated himself opposite the older boy and leant forward excitedly.

"As ready as I'll ever be!" He was curious about the younger's good mood and leant forward too.

"Okay, so you know how we were talking about our dreams for the future the other day?" Jaebum nodded and motioned for Youngjae to continue.

"Well, you know how we've set up that little space for me to sing to customers? I had just finished singing my set earlier today and I went back behind the counter and guess who the first customer was?"

Jaebum shrugged, "who?"

"A talent scout! For JYP Entertainment! He offered me a chance to audition!" Youngjae was practically screaming.

"Wah!! Youngjae, that's amazing! When's the audition?"

"I have to call the guy and organise it, but hopefully soon~"

"You could call him now?"

"Ohh!" He pulled his phone out of his pocket and keyed in the number, holding the phone up to his ear. Jaebum heard the ringing stop and the man answer the phone, watching Youngjae's expression.

"Hi, this is Choi Youngjae... from the bakery earlier today... yep... yeah I'd like to accept your offer to audition... the next auditions are on Thursday?... yeah, I'm free then... ah, thank you so much~ I'm looking forward to it... bye!" He pressed the end call button and held his phone to his chest, squealing like a five year old at a birthday party. Jaebum could only grin and wave his hands excitedly with him.

"This is my chance, Jaebummie! I could be an idol! Ahh! What should I do for my audition?" He suddenly became nervous and shrank into himself. Jaebum's eyes widened and he reached across the table and cupped Youngjae's cheeks, lifting his head, almost fainting at Youngjae's puppy eyes as their gazes met.

"Listen up Youngjae. No matter what song you do or dance or whatever, I know you can do it. I have faith in you! Fighting!" He let go of the younger boy's face and fist-pumped the air. Youngjae cupped his own cheeks as soon as Jaebum lost contact with them and hid the rosy tint, starting to brighten up again.

"Thanks Jaebummie~" His eyes crinkled into crescent moons and he gave Jaebum a thumbs up, "fighting!"

an ; lmao sorry this chapter is shit but yo check that oc drop ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)