- two

"YAH! Why do you keep getting the moves wrong?" Jaebum shouted at Jinyoung.

"I'm trying, okay! The last move is difficult for me, don't get angry just because you can master it instantly!" Jinyoung threw his hands in the air, fuming.

"Well, work on it. I'm going out." Jaebum grabbed his coat and stormed out of the practice room. When he was outside his ran his fingers through his hair, breathing in and out slowly.

He lifted his chin and started walking, looking for a place that might sell cheap coffee. The bakery that he got Jinyoung's birthday cake from came into sight, and he recalled there being coffee for sale when he was in there waiting.
He changed direction and crossed the road, pushing open the bakery door with the bell tinkling with his arrival.

~ ~ ~

"Hi~ Welcome to 'Cutie Cupcakes'! May I take your order?" Youngjae smiled at the familiar face.

"Hi, can I please get a cappuccino?"

"Would that be dine-in or take-away?"

"Dine-in."

"And your name is - wait no I think I remember! Jaebum?" Youngjae clicked and pointed finger guns at Jaebum, waiting for his response.
He only nodded and handed Youngjae his money.
Youngjae pouted and gave him the change.

"Thanks." Jaebum spoke quietly and walked away to wait for his drink.

"Aish... what a rude guy." Youngjae shook his head and plastered another smile on his face for the next customer.

Jaebum sat down in one of the booths, waiting for his coffee and thinking about his argument with Jinyoung. As he thought back to how exhausted he looked and how hard he was trying to get the moves right, he inwardly cursed at himself for pushing Jinyoung and getting angry too easily. He placed his face in his hands and exhaled loudly.

"Long day at the office?" Youngjae's bubbly voice brought Jaebum back to his senses, leaning back and looking up at the boy.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." Jaebum gave a mirthless chuckle, dropping his hands in his lap.

"Hey, it'll be okay. Here's your coffee, by the way. I hope you enjoy it~" Youngjae placed the cup down in front of Jaebum and brushed his hands on his apron as he turned to walk away.

"Thanks, uh..." He paused, waiting for the boy to give him his name.

"Youngjae." The boy beamed back at him, a smile that lifted Jaebum's mood and made him feel warm inside.

"Thank you, Youngjae," this time Jaebum smiled, a soft smile that stretched across his face, "thanks for the cake the other day too. Silly me didn't think to thank you before."

"That's no problem," Youngjae grinned, "I hope the cake was delicious!"

"It was." They were silent for a few seconds, just looking at each and smiling softly, until they realised they were staring and both looked away quickly.

"I'd better get back to work. Enjoy your coffee, Jaebum!" Youngjae waved and walked away.

~ ~ ~

"Oh, could I please also get a take-away cappuccino?" Youngjae peeked over the cash register and nodded, smiling as he restocked the bakery display. An array of brightly coloured cupcakes caught Jaebum's eye and he decided to get one to apologise to Jinyoung.

"Will that be all?"

"Ah, just one of those cupcakes too please." He pointed at the line of cupcakes with pastel blue icing and small chocolate stars scattered across them.

"Coming right up~" Youngjae pulled out a small box and carefully paced the cupcake inside a small holder, closing the box and handing it to the other. "That comes to 5790 won."

Jaebum paid and picked up the box and coffee, nodding a goodbye to Youngjae as he walked out of the shop.