{1.04}Tour

The children came running to Hammond screaming "Grandpa!". They tackled him with hugs and kisses. One girl, who was obviously older, had blonde hair in a braid and wore a purple tank top and shorts. The boy carried a book, he had dark brown hair and wore a tshirt and shorts.

Hammond took us all outside. This time two Jeeps stood in front of us.

"Not too close to the cars!" Hammond screamed after the children and then laughed at their curiosity.

"This is the tour you will go on. These cars drive themselves. Spared no expense." Hammond announced gleefully.

Everyone shuffled into the Jeeps. Gennaro and the kids in one. Alan, Dr. Malcolm, Ellie and I in the other. Alan sat in the drivers seat, Ellie in the front passenger and me and Dr. Malcolm in the back.

I looked out the window and saw Hammond looked back at us and went up the stairs and back into the building.

The car jerked forward and went on its way.
We approached a huge wooden gate and the top read JURASSIC PARK. It went real well with the jungle theme.

"What do they got in there, King Kong?" Dr. Malcolm scoffed as we looked at the gate through the sun roof.

"The voice you are hearing is Richard Kiley. Spared no expense."

The little screen, where a radio would be, went on with the narration.

The first dinosaur announced on the tour was a dilophosaurus. Ellie and Alan smushed their faces into the window like little children gazing at toys in the toy store window.

"Where are they?" asked Ellie disappointed as we moved to the next place.

Next was the Tyrannosaurus Rex. We all looked through the windows hoping to see something this time.

Dr. Malcolm was the only one with his attention away from the T-Rex.

"God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs." he whispered breathing heavily.

"Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the Earth." Ellie says, smiling back at me.

"Hell yea." I reply, shaking a powerful fist in the air.

The radio crackled and a man said "We'll try to tempt the Rex."

There was a low humming and a goat inside a small cage was rising from a contraption in the ground.

"It doesn't want to be fed it wants to hunt." Alan said disappointed the Tyrannosaur did not come out of its hiding.

We moved along a greenery path.

Dr. Malcolm stood up and invaded the security camera. "Now eventually you might have dinosaurs on your- your dinosaur tour right? Hello? H-hello?" he sat back down. "You see? The tyrannosaur doesn't obey set patterns or park schedules. It's the essence of Chaos."

I roll my eyes at the mention of "chaos".

"Still not clear on chaos." Ellie said chuckling turning around facing Dr. Malcolm.

"It's nothi-" I begin

"It simply deals with unpredictability in complex systems. It's only principle is the Butterfly Effect. A butterfly can flap its wings..." Dr. Malcolm explained and went on about his chaos theory.

I had heard it all before, time and time again.

I gulped as Dr. Malcolm grabbed a glass of water, knowing what was going to happen next.