Chapter 2

Percy-
The mac and cheese was dry. It stuck to his teeth and was adhered to his fork like cement. It tasted good, though, and he was hungry. As per Annabeth's instruction, he left half the dish for her, even though she probably wouldn't eat it. Maybe less microwaving would have helped. Or more microwaving. Or just not microwaving it at all. He was absorbed in these deep and meaningful thoughts as Annabeth came back in and began spooning her mac and cheese into a bowl. She sat down next to him, folding herself into the side of his body with her bowl cradled close to her chest. After taking a bite or two, they both said at the same time: "This is awful..."
"It really is, isn't it?" mumbled Annabeth as she choked down another forkfull.
"Err dernt rerler kerr erm herngrer," mumbled Percy through his food.
"Serm."
(For people who don't know what that said: I don't really care I'm hungry. Same.)

-----

Annabeth had gone to bed an hour earlier and was sprawled out across the sheets as usual. Percy lifted up the duvet and slid underneath, moving closer to Annabeth's warmth. It was 01:00AM and he was so, so tired. Her face was relaxed and she was still apart from her breathing. The grey streak in her hair was almost completely gone now, but his was still noticeable in his dark fringe. Her face was free of wrinkles. She looked... Young... Almost as if she was... 18.

-----

Percy didn't sleep the rest of the night. He browsed his phone, desperately searching for pictures of Annabeth.
There were plenty from their time together, close to 3 years worth, but none of a time before that. Had she always looked like that? Were they really soulmates? In the first year they had been constantly watching to see if the other was ageing, but the relationship itself slowly took over until neither cared anymore.
A thought struck him.
He had pictures of himself from pre-Annabeth, so why not compare himself instead of her? He swung his legs out of bed, making his way to the full length mirror on the wall, dreading what he might find. He felt strangely vulnerable standing there, the room dim with the first light of dawn. After a few minutes of just making sure, he got solemnly back into bed and waited nervously for the morning.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So that was Chapter 2! Dramatic ending or what? Another short chapter, but I'm sure they will get longer when I introduce Jason in the next chapter, and possibly a mention of Piper as well. Hope you are enjoying this and I will start working on the next part! As always, leave suggestions and improvements in the comments.