Part 17: Do as I Say

Start from the beginning

"Stay up all night?" He questioned.

Oh, he had done that on purpose. He didn't post the video knowing that I would force myself to stay awake. What an asshole.

I swiftly leaned out of my chair to grab his leather jacket. I got up really close to his blue eyes, not caring who was paying attention to us.

"Do not post-"

He shrugged, "Okay."

"What? That's it, you're not gonna post it because I asked?" I asked, skeptically.

He nodded.

I released his jacket and turned around, satisfied. I grinned at Xander and told him I didn't have to tell him anything anymore.

Black hair tickled my cheek and Ryker whispered, "Don't think it's gonna be that easy."

Then he sat down in his seat as he bell rang, leaving me to wonder what he meant by that. I should've known he wouldn't let me off the hook. He probably wanted something from me in return. Great.

Mr. Duncan began his lecture on the new story we were apparently reading. I swear I tried to listen, but my mind always drifted back to the stupid video and what Ryker was planning to do about it.

The bell finally rang. I packed up my stuff, waved to Xander, and ran out the door to catch up with Ryker who had already left. He was all the way down the hallway when I exited the classroom. I put my head down and bolted through the crowded hallway. I bumped into a few people who cursed at me, but I didn't care. I plowed through everyone until I had reached Ryker.

I slid my fingers though the belt loop on his black jeans and yanked hard. I barely stopped him from moving, but he had felt it. His blue eyes bore into mine. I refused to show any signs of weakness. I stood up straighter, matching his height. Yeah right, my face came to just the center of his chest. Curse my bad genes.

He quirked an eyebrow, not saying anything.

"What are you doing with the video?" I asked in a hushed voice so no one would understand what I was saying.

"Nothing."

"Cut the bullshit, Ryker. I know you're plotting something," I said.

His hand came up under my jaw. Two fingers grasped my chin, tilting my head up higher. He got close to my face and said, "Fine, I'm posting it tonight."

My jaw dropped in his hand. He removed his fingers and walked away. I quickly caught back up with him.

"Don't you dare," I said.

He kept walking.

"Ryker!" I yelled.

He stopped moving to face me once again. Ryker got right up in my face again and said, "Do as I say, and I won't post it."

"Uh, okay?"

"Get on your knees and beg me," he seriously demanded.

"No way!" I refused.

"Now. Or," he pulled out his phone and showed me the video, "Everyone at this school will see it."

In that moment, I swore I hated him. I wanted to sock him right in the face. I clenched my fist and he glanced down at it, shaking his head. Then he walked away from me.

"Please," I said.

He stopped moving, back faced towards me and said, "Beg me."

"I said please."

"Get on your knees," he said, turning around, "and say it like you mean it."

Stripped of my dignity, I got down on my knees in front of him. Students in the hallway stopped to stare. I ignored them as I folded my hands together and said, "Please, Ryker. I beg you."

He shrugged and I stood back up. The bell rang and the remaining students ran to their next class, leaving Ryker and I as the only ones left in the hallway.

"So you're not going to post it now, right?" I confirmed.

"Wrong."

"What! You said that if I got down on my knees and begged you, which I did, then you wouldn't post the video."

He narrowed his eyes and said, "That's not enough. If you really don't want me to post the video then you will have to do something else for me."

I threw my arms up in the air, yelling, "What else could I possibly do for you?"

"Do as I say for a week."

I gawked at him, "What the hell do you mean?"

"I meant exactly that. You will do everything I tell you to do without refusing and without complaining. If you fail to complete a task, I will not hesitate to post the video," he explained.

He really was devious.

"Go to hell," I said, spinning around.

He called after me, "Only I can tell you what to do. You can't tell me what to do."

Of course he knew I had no other choice but to tend to his every need for the next week. I was already dreading it. Having to do everything Ryker said without complaint or refusing would be hell.

But I didn't have much of a choice, did I?