Chapter 15: Scarlett

Start from the beginning

Aveyard, Red Queen, F was the first book on the rack, I picked up this wonderful work of art and flipped through checking for any bookmarks or ripped pages or anything through the whole thing wishing I could read it for the first time again... The book is seriously that good.

Bennett, Anatomical Shape of a Heart, F which was definitely on my to be read list for sure. I kept checking and shelving the books for a while until I heard the ding that signalized someone entering the open library.

"Hello?" a familiar female voice called.

"Hey, I'm over in teen romance if you need any help" I yelled back. I kept shelving the books when I was attacked from behind. A mane of curled blond hair fell into my face, and a weight fell on my shoulders almost causing me to fall over.

"If I wasn't 150% positive that this was Emerald I would judo flip you into these book shelves."

"How'd you figure it out?" She asked jumping off.

"Your hair gave it away. Also the fact that Aaron Stendardo is standing right in front of me."

"Gosh dang it Stend we talked about this."

"Only I can scur her." He said matter of factly.

"Scur?" she asked smirking.

"Yes Em we have talked about this. Scur, I scured you, I scured her, I scur er'ebody." Emerald and I busted up laughing at his straight face as he said this. How he kept a straight face? We'll probably never know.

"What are you doing here anyway? School is going on." I asked.

"True and I wanted to go to class but somebody," Emerald glared at Stendardo, "Didn't want to go and faked a sickness for his mother."

"You pulled a freaking Ferris Bueller to get out of school?" I asked incredulously.

"No, I wish. I told my mom that I'm a senior, I am not going to school today or tomorrow because this weekend is fall break and I have given in to Senioritis."

"We have had senioritis since we were sophomores so don't pull that bull crap."

"True that." He agreed with me.

"Oh hey where is Madeline today?" I asked.

"As always last minute end of quarter crap, plus that lame orchestra trip that they are taking to Disneyland she just has a lot going on." Emerald said.

"So no chance of her having started Glass Sword?" I smirked. The book had come out in February and I had given it to her for her birthday upon her request because she 'couldn't wait' the first book had been 'killing her' and she needed it then but she had yet to even start it.

Emerald and Stendardo laughed.

"But Ems why are you here?"

"Well we decided to come visit you at work and we needed books." Emerald replied.

"Oh no."

"What?" she asked.

"You are turning into that we couple that we always said we would never become."

"Not the we couple." She said horrified.

"You literally just said we needed new books."

"No we read books together you know as our own form of book club so then we can fanboy/girl together you feel me?" I rested my hand on her shoulder saying,

"I feel ya." Emerald glared at me.

"Well what are your plans for the big birthday week?" Stendardo asked.