Hallo, Cote

Prussia didn't open his eyes when he woke up. He didn't want the dream to end.

The morning sunlight pulled at his eye lids as they lifted. His phone was on the nightstand just beside his bed. Something was off, though. He sat up, looking at the room he was in.

No. It couldn't have been real. Was it? Had it really happened?

He felt his heart race. He shoved off the blanket, throwing open the bedroom door to run down the hall to a similar room. The door swung open. The quiet room was unnerving until he saw the filled bed. A small body occupying the space under the blanket.

/It's okay, he thought to himself. He's okay.

Prussia jumped at the simple touch on his shoulder. He turned around to see Hungary, an apron tied around her waist.

"Would you like to come have some breakfast?"

He nodded. "Sure." He turned back to America.

"He's fine."

"I know."

Prussia left the door open just a bit before he followed Hungary downstairs, to the kitchen. Prussia sat at the table, a mug clinked to the table in front of him as Austria sat at the head of the small table.

Prussia lifted the mug to his lips. He felt the steam rise just past his face, leaving cool moisture as he set the cup back down to the table.

"How are you doing?"

Prussia's eyes shifted to Austria, a cup of tea and newspaper on the table in front of him. He watched the little steam rise from the cup for a moment.

"Fine. You?"

"Very well."

"You know, I almost thought everything was a dream. I thought I'd lost him again," he said quietly.

"He will be okay, Prussia. We won't let anything happen to him."

He nodded, lifting his mug to his lips. "I know," he muttered before taking a long sip. He was grateful for the hot liquid that calmed his throat.

Prussia hardly heard the soft footsteps traveling down the stairs before America stumbled into the room, a small fist rubbing at an eye as he sat down just across from Prussia.

"Good morning, America," Austria said before sipping his tea.

"Morning," he said with a slight yawn.

"Did you sleep well?"

He nodded. His hand fell below the table. Hungary placed a small plate and fork in front of him and a larger one in front of Austria. Golden eggs scattered America's plate, a piece of toast cut diagonally on the side of the plate, it's surface glimmering with butter.

"Did you dream?" Prussia asked, setting his partially empty mug down.

He nodded with a smile. "I had a bunny and he was my friend, and we played in this big field!" he said, spreading his arms out. His smile suddenly faded as his hands fell to his lap. "But, he died. My mum helped me burry him under a tree. I brought flowers to him."

The clink of two more plates met the table before anyone said anything. "I'm sorry, America." Hungary sat at the opposite head of the table, between Prussia and America.

"It's okay," he muttered.

"America. Have you chosen a name, yet?" Austria interrupted the silence.

America looked up, a mouthful of scrambled eggs in his mouth. He shook his head.

"I guess he should get on that. For when we're in public," Hungary said, lifting her fork and eggs to her lips.

Prussia took a long sip from his mug before leaving on the table top. "So, America. What do you think?"

He quickly swallowed, his previous mourning of his past friend forgotten. "I already picked it out!" He said with a wide grin. "My name's Cote!"

Prussia felt his lips lift to a smile. "Cote. I like it."

"What about a surname?" Hungary asked.

His shoulders rose and fell. "I don't know yet." He put the last bit of his eggs into his mouth, his fork clinking to the plate.

"I think, perhaps, we should take America out for some new clothes," Austria said.

Hungary sipped from her cup. "Doesn't Prussia have clothing he can wear?"

"What clothing? All I have are my old uniforms. I don't think he wants to wear those everyday."

America's head perked up. "Army uniforms?"

Prussia nodded. "When I was your age," he stopped a moment, rethinking it. "Before I was even officially a country, I was fighting many battles."

"Can I see them?"

Prussia leaned back. "How about we go out and find you some clothes. When we come back," he nodded his head. "Then I'll show you some of my old stuff."

"Awesome!" He jumped from his seat, the cross jumping from his chest before resettling. He ran off, out of the room.

"Do you want to finish your toast?" Hungary yelled to the other room.

America's feet ran back into the dining room. "Yes, please!" His head peaked around the corner of the doorway. "And can I have some jelly on it?"

"Of course."

He smiled before disappearing again.

Hungary picked up the dishes, takin them to the kitchen with thanks from the other two.

"Prussia."

Prussia turned to face Austria, his expression serious.

"When do you plan to tell others of America?"

"I hadn't thought of that," Prussia said softly. "The next meeting, I guess."

"That's in a couple days. You going to stay here until then? Germany will be worried."

"I'll get a flight back tonight, after dinner. Meet you guys at the meeting on Tuesday." The chair screeched against the floor as Prussia stood up.

Austria nodded, folding his newspaper. "Are you all right?"

Prussia pushed in his chair. "Why do you keep asking me that?"

"I just know that, what happened before, affected you greatly."

"He's back," he stated. "Everything is fine. Now, for the last time, I am perfectly fine."

New Lifeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें