Chapter Thirty-Eight

Start from the beginning

“abra cadabra?” nothing. “Hookie dookie?” I sigh and close my eyes. Looks like I’m stuck here.

“Ellie?” I open my eyes. No one is even here, but yet I heard it. “Ellie please don’t die. Not yet. I-I-I love you.”

Austin.

Great. The love of my life wants me back. But thanks to me, I claimed I wanted no dating. Now my dad is saying I’m supposed to fall in love on Warped. Great. What if it’s Austin? It can’t. Thanks to the contract one or both of us can lose our contract.

But, love makes you do stupid things.

Gosh it’s so uncomfortable here, just turn over here and……. shit!

~Austin~

Our lives have been turned upside down. For three days she’s been unresponsive. Her lifeline went dead yesterday. I smell like hospital, but I refuse to leave her side. Mitch has been coming in and out visiting me. But three hours ago, three hours we were talking about her and then out of the blue she turns over to her side.

She moved!

I was jumping around and squealing like a little girl while holding hands with David.

Man, I haven’t been so happy in a while, well unless you count that time when I divorced Gielle, than yeah! Ellie has also been the inspiration for a new song I’m writing. It’s called The Storm. We’ve been thinking we should do a re-issue of The Flood. Max and the guys have been getting ready to head back to Warped with Shayley and Kellin and his fiancé and daughter are coming to visit Ellie later in the week.

“Man, can’t you see it?” Mitch asked. We’re currently watching football on the tiny TV in the hospital room. Jolie and Kenadee had stop by earlier and it as the cutest thing when Kenadee asked her mom; “Why is Austin’s girlfriend sleeping?”  Mitch was choking on his water while Jolie as laughing.

“See what?” I scroll through my Twitter feed before giving him my full attention.

“That you’re in love.”

What?

I know I love Ellie, but I don’t think I’m in love with her. Or am I?

“What do you mean?”

“It’s pretty damn obvious Austin. Your eyes have that sparkle in them. You haven’t had that spark since you divorced Gielle.” He gave me the duh look. But I wasn’t playing dumb, I really didn’t see it. “Ask her to be your girlfriend.” He said.

“I can’t. Not even if I wanted to.” I sigh and kick my feet up to the edge of the bed.

“Why not?” he ask.

“Because, she’s signed to Rise Records where there’s a strict no dating policy.” I sigh. If only I could be like David and Lynzie. They’re so in love, they should get married. Or at least engaged. They are so cute.

“Well, date in secret.” He says again in that duh tone.

“I can’t Mitch. I already broke her heart once and I’m pretty sure the feeling’s mutual. Plus, she wants to focus on her career. A boyfriend will drag her down.” I flick my fingers and go back to Twitter.

“Okay, but why on earth did you pick Shayley to tour with her band. Do you know what may happen when she gets signed to Sumerian. Her and Shayley are gonna be spending way too much time together, more than ever if he’s with her band.” God, who made him so smart. Groaning, I turn over in my chair.

“You know, she should do a solo career. I seriously don’t trust her band. What if they kick her out during Warped?” he asks.

“I would hope they wouldn’t do that, but if they did, she would be good as a solo artist. I heard that Devin wants to collab with her. And she already masters the guitar. I don’t know, maybe the three of us should start a side project, you know, in case that happens. I could ask Beau to see if Valerie (Lights) would help. Her and Vic are already writing a song together, so she has a lot coming in for her.” I smile at the thought of my two best friends working together.