"I... I don't really know what to do," she breathed out.

"Just do your best. It's not like anything..." I stopped, gulping. It's not like anything can happen? I'm so stupid for thinking that. We should know from losing Alex...

Meg nodded. "I'll try." She put her finger on Brent's neck, blinking rapidly. "Yes, he still has a pulse."

I pursed my lips. "And?"

"I don't have any medical equipment. I think the beat we can do is put him on a bed and hope for the best." Meg shrugged.

I sighed. "Ok. So, put him on my bed?"

"On three," Meg said.

"All right." I wrapped my arms around Brent's waist. Meg grabbed his hands and Andrea got hold of his feet.

"One... Two... Three... Go!" we all groaned when Brent's weight was a little heavy but we managed to halfway-carry-half-drag Brent to my bed.

As soon as his body hit the bed, we all slumped over on the floor, breathing harshly. My house had no stairs, but the hallways went at such a high slope, I'm sure stairs would have been easier.

"That is possibly one of the hardest things I've ever done," Meg complained, rubbing her sore arms.

"I agree," I said breathlessly.

The sound of our hitched and heavy breathing eventually faded into the slow, steady breathing of sleep.

I dreamt of nicer times. Of times when I still didn't know there were others with me in this horrible place. Times when I was alone but felt happier.

I don't know what to do anymore...

I didn't know when my day ends and another begins. The only thing to separate them was the vague line of sleep, in which my senses delighted in. It was the only escape I have from reality. My fictional reality.

The next thing I know, I felt stirring next to me. My eyes creaked open and I almost jump at the sight of Brent next to me, his mouth open on my pillow.

His face was about an inch from mine.

A small pool of drool was dibbling out of Brent's mouth an onto this pillow, his innocent face giving him a child's manner. His face held no pain. No suffering.

It reminded me of when we we were both in about kindergarten. We baked mud pies in the sun, captured thousands of dainty lady bugs and stuffed them in boxes, ready to present to our mothers later. They weren't pleased. The looks of horror on their faces along with the quick swat of our box to the floor made the ladybugs crawl out in unison, and I watched until there was only one, stranded and alone. Too small and too weak to be able to make it's way out. Left behind by it's comrades.

Our mothers were reprimanding us, but Brent and I didn't care. We just sat there, watching the lady bug struggle.

Then it hit me. Don't lady bugs fly? I squinted and leaned down to the insect to get a better look. I quickly found the culprit. A wound. It appeared as if the small thing was injured by the mayhem of the prison break. I brought my hand down to touch the injured wing, but heard another buzz. A larger lady bug flew down and rescued the injured one, carrying it away.

As I looked away my eyes caught the glint of Brent's green eyes and I looked to them.

It was the first time I ever understood an overwhelmingly sad feeling in my life.

As if my stare was burning a hole in his face, one of Brent's eyes popped open. "Hailee?" he whispered, opening his other eye and furrowing his brow. He looked over me and his eyes widened. We were both under the covers, on my bed. Brent was shirtless and I was wearing a tank top.

How did this happen?

I gulped. "Um..."

"Did we..."

"No..."

"Then why?..."

"I honestly don't know. This may be Meg's funny way of trying to get us to be like we were again," I said.

"Oh, like scaring us half to death is going to do the trick," he muttered dryly.

A vile rose in my throat. "And what if we did?"

A smirk slipped on his face. "Actually, I wouldn't mind. I just want to be aware of it."

"Shut up," I snapped.

"As you wish," he responded and jutted his chin forward slightly to give me a quick kiss.

"Why were you out so long?" I asked, cuddling into his open arms.

"I had a dream," he said.

"Are you Martin Luther King Jr. or something now?" I asked playfully.

"Actually, in a way, yes," Brent admitted sheepishly.

"How?"

"I know what to do."

-----------------------------------

Didn't believe I'd kill Brent off did ya? :P

I love him too much. ;P

But I like Alex better and he's gone so that should tell you something. :D

So it's like an hour past my bedtime. And I am literally falling asleep on the keyboard. :P

Well you can expect lots of updates from me later this week since I have time to write more :P

Meh. Why do we have to be so tired?

I hate school. Ugh. I'm complaining. Haha.

Anyway, before I get annoying (too late) I gonna go. :P

Till next time! ;)

Daniela.