Chapter 13

Don was in his studio, preparing for his next exhibition before the next decency. I decided first to go to the city to discuss the upcoming charity event with some friends. We gathered at our hangout downtown, near the office of my agent.
We went through all the principal points. I just hoped everything would go well, and without any major mishap. We also ate lunch there, the same lunch, and then I went for a walk in Central Park, before the immense amount of stress began again. After a few hours, I came home and began to prepare for dinner, humming softly to myself. I picked up the salad and the main course. I put the chicken in the oven. While the chicken was in the oven, I washed the dishes. Then I arranged the food lovingly on the table. I kept flowers and candles at the middle of the table. Even before I had finished, Don came back home.
I showered quickly and then pulled on something subtle, yet cozy. A minute later, I heard the key in the lock. I ran into the living room and hugged Don even before he could properly enter. I gave him a big kiss on his lips. He returned the kiss and held me gently but firmly in his arms. Me: "I hope you have a big appetite..." Don looked at me, a bit puzzled: "Umm, yes, I have. Why do you ask?" I went with him straight into the kitchen, where I had arranged everything. He let his gaze wander wordlessly around the room and said, "Oh, now I can figure out what you meant." Me: "Yes. What did you think I had done?" I looked at him straight in the eye and placed my hip next to his.
A minute later, we were sitting at the table, enjoying the delicious dinner and relaxing before the TV. I fetched a glass of wine for each of us.