A Breach

Bobbi Morse and Lance Hunter have been in hiding and on the run for about a year. They have started to live off on contract assignments, one after the other. When things get too hot for them, they cut ties and disappear. They have gotten quite the hang of it, but of course they get tired of running sometimes, but what other option do they have, when they have been branded as one of the most dangerous terrorists, wanted in numerous countries.

"Did you get the intel?"

Bobbi as always was running on point with everything. Between the two of them, Bobbi is the more rational and tactical thinker. Hunter's more of the wing it type, which could be handy at times, but sometimes you just got to have a plan.

"Yes, love. You still doubt my charms?" Hunter cheeky as he could be with his British accent and all.

"Yes, your charms are always somewhat questionable." Bobbie teased.

"You say that, but you simply can't resist me."

They enjoy the bantering because it keep things light despite their unlikely situation.

"You really are full of yourself, Hunter. Let's just get this done already."

"Alright, sweet heart. Whatever you say." And he flashed one of his trademark grins.

They grabbed their gadgets and gear, and loaded it in the stolen car Bobbi had gotten earlier. They drove out to the loading docks and scoped it out. Though dishonored, they still have a couple of reliable contacts that they go to, when in need of equipment. And with the reputation of most wanted terrorists, they easily get acquainted, though not always in the best of ways, with other parties willing to sponsor such projects they undertake.

Hunter got up to the highest vantage point to get a clear view of the whole place, blind spots, exits, and all the works. Bobbi, on the other hand, surveyed the grounds.

They still have good and reliable tech but it's not as easy doing it all with a two man team. Missions and assignments were always smoother when they were with their team. They don't complain. They made their choice. They just miss them. They don't just miss the help and back up, though it wouldn't hurt to have that back, but they mostly miss the company of friends.

"We're good from here, love. Got everything set up."

"Okay, Hunter. Things look fine so far here as well."

"Party's about to get started. Better get ready, Bob."

"Always ready."

"You know what I mean."

Bobbi loves to tease Hunter because he always seems so defensive of the things he says. And the way he rambles on in that accent of his just makes her smile.

They lie and wait at their posts for their targets to arrive. It was a simple snatch and grab, but hiring them only means that the assignment isn't as easy at it seems.

"After this, let's go lie out on a beach somewhere. What do you say, Bob?"

"That sounds nice. I think we could affort to lie low nicely like that for a while."

"It's settled then."

"They're here."

A number of black sedans with heavily tinted windows arrived.

"I see them. Let's get this over with."

They were not aware of the exact nature of the package. All the intel they got were that the package and the exchange was happening then and there. Two men in well tailored suits came out of different vehicles facing each other. Both were surrounded by their personal guards. One of them had less men than the other, but he doesn't seem intimidated by their number.