He could feel the three pairs of eyes looking at him oddly, but he ignored them. “You have half an hour before we leave.” He said while looking at his watch.

“Ok.” Mark only said and walked out of the living room, leaving Kevin and Sara with Fernando.

“Hell, I’m coming too.” Kevin suddenly said.

“Yes, me too..” Sara started but Kevin stopped her,

“No.” he said firmly, receiving a glare from her. “You must stay here.” He said.

“Why?” Sara snapped.

“Because it’s dangerous.” Mark looked down at her small frame, “It’s too dangerous.”

Sara stared back at him before she blew an exasperated breath and left the room. Kevin couldn’t help but notice Fernando looking at him amusingly.

“Something funny?” Kevin snapped at him, receiving a very deep chuckle before Fernando spoke, “Nop. Nothing.” He smiled broadly at him and Kevin scowled down at him before he too left the room.

“And I thought the mafia had drama.” Fernando chuckled to himself.

Half an hour later, Mark, Kevin and Fernando were heading out of the apartment. Sara stood at the door and watched them as Mark and Fernando walked down the stairs. Kevin looked back and saw her there. He walked back and grabbed her into one of his bear hugs.

“You know I love you.” He said to her heir and inhaled softly.

“I know. I love you too.” she said and pulled away slowly, “Please be careful.” She looked at him with hopeful eyes.

“I will.” Kevin said and bent down to place a soft kiss on her lips, “I promise.”

And with that, the couple separated.

Sara watched as Kevin’s head disappeared as he walked down the stairs. She didn’t tell him, but she was dead set on following them.

She wasn’t some wife house who’d set back and watch her man throwing himself in fire… alone.

­­___________

“Joanna.” Julian said softly to Joanna who was balled up in the bed, only her tied up had was protruding out of her body ball.

She looked so pale and weak. Damn, she was so stubborn.

“Leave me alone, Jerk.” She whispered.

“I made you food.” Julian said with a smile, hoping she’d eat some this time.

“Did you put poison in it?” She asked, looking hopeful at the tray of pancakes and milk.

Julian laughed softly, “I would never do that.”

“Then I don’t want it.” Joanna said and hugged her legs to her chest tighter.

“Anna, please.” Julian begged.

“Don’t call me that!” Joanna said to him, too calmly to really mean it. Her voice was semi-cracked, which made Julian’s heart break.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered.

He pulled a chair to the side of the bed near her and settled in. then he took a knife out of his pocket and looked at it with reluctant eyes.

“Joanna.” He said, making her look up back at him. Her eyes flashed at the knife and her drained expression changed.