Chapter 6

EDITED…

Share your thoughts and love the star button… with your finger<<< wow, that sounded weird O..o

Moving on…

Julian Drake watched with fascination the new comer leaving the food hall. He'd been watching the shorty since he came inside with Hank.

Steevy had it coming, he thought. But then, who would have thought a tiny creature like John Cage would act the way he did. Julian chuckled and turned his attention to the stinky food in his plate.

"Amusing, isn't it?" Isaac, his loyal friend who had been sitting next to him, said.

"Don't you think so?" Julian asked his friend, raising both eyebrows. "I haven't been interested in so long."  

"He is tiny for a what he just did. Good thing that guard sent him back and not Steevy, or else he would suffer so much later." Isaac jerked his chin toward Steevy's lackeys, “Specially from Steevy. He’s nasty!" 

Julian turned to look at the group; a devious grin crossing his face. "Remember when I first came here." He said to his friend without looking away from Steevy's gang.

Isaac burst out laughing, not giving a damn about the havoc he was causing by doing that. "Are you kidding? Dude, no one could ever forget that day!" Isaac said between his loud laughs. "You literally wiped the fucking floor with his sorry ass. The man couldn't walk for a whole damn week." He was wiping his tears now.

Steevy's attention snapped into where they were, and a murderous sneer formed in his face as he narrowed his eyes at the two of them.

He would never act upon that facial expression though.  

Julian and Isaac exchanged looks and then burst into laughter together at his glare and kept at it until Julian was slapping the table so hard while he gasped for air.

"ORDER!"

One of the guards bellowed. Julian straitened up in his chair, pursing his lips in a futile attempt to hold back his remaining laughter, and looked up at Isaac, "Yes sir." he chuckled the words out at the same time he raised his hand to salute the prison guard. The huge man just rolled his eyes and ignored them. 

Julian and Isaac went back to eating, taking their sweet time. They weren't afraid of being late to lunch like the weaklings who kept looking over their shoulder every few seconds. No way, for they were the strong ones, the fearsome ones.

Julian was licking his spoon as he thought of how much fun he could get out of bullying the new recruit.

John Cage.

It was odd no one around here knew of him or even heard of him. This unite was known for holding the most dangerous men. Everyone was almost to severely famous. And even if he did something terrible, cute boys never get recruited here.

Because they simply never survived.

The judge must’ve been vengeful when he placed Cage in this specific facility, Julian thought musingly.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< 

Joanna woke up abruptly. She was still hugging her knees and sitting on her bed with her back against the cold wall. Her neck felt a bit stiff from leaning over her shoulder.