11 | Birthday Girl

Start from the beginning

"These are so flipping cute!" I squeak, showing them to Jess

"Why can't you just say fuck?" She asks. "I finally got you saying hell and pissed and damn. Why not bitch and shit too?"

"Because I don't want to. And stop being mean!" I whine, taking her wrapped box.

"Aren't you going to tell Ross thanks?" She asks, taking her box back.

"He's doing sound check right now. I'll text him before I get in the shower. After you let me open your damn present." She raises her eyebrows at me. "Please, Jess?" I whisper, sticking out my bottom lip. Signing, she hands me her present. A wide smile appears on my face as I tear the cupcake wrapping paper off and open a box. "You got me a Polaroid camera!" I say, super excited. I know I know, I'm late to the game, but I've never really thought of buying myself a Polaroid camera, yet I've always wanted one.

"Even extra film. But don't worry, I have more coming later throughout the day. Now go shower!" She pushes on my hip. Rolling my eyes for he millionth time, I pick up the thoughtful gifts and walk to my room.

To Rockstar😜:
You didn't have to send me anything for my birthday, Ross!

To Rockstar😜:
But thanks for the two sweatshirts, the rings, and the roses. It was very sweet of you to get me those things❤️

To Delly💖:
Thanks for the shorts! And I kind of need your advice for something. Feel free to add Vanni to the conversation. Another girl is better! Especially since it's about your brother...

I then check Twitter, only to find my notifications being blowed up be cusses a certain someone tweeted me a happy birthday.

@rossr5: Happy birthday, dork 🤓 @lauramarano

• • •

"Laura! What is taking so long?" Jess cries out, walking into my bathroom. "Damn, girl. You're looking hot." Smiling, I spray my last spritz of hairspray to my hair.

"Thanks." I reply, grabbing my phone. I smile down at the messages. A few texts from Ross. A notification that Rydel added a random number to our texts, most likely Vanni.

From Rockstar😜:
Hey, I didn't want you to forget about me. But I'm definitely FaceTiming you tonight.

From Rockstar😜:
Oh, and I hope all the stuff fits. I got someone from the store to try it on and the sweatshirt is a small, the Harry Potter one is an extra small.

From Rockstar😜:
And I hope you having a good birthday!

From Rockstar😜:
Okay, one last thing... We have a few shows in Vegas: December 29th, 30th, and January 1st. I was wondering if you wanted to come to those and stay at the hotel with me? I'd be getting back from Colorado on the 28th.

From Delly💖:
Vanni, we need to help our newest friend Laura out.

I quickly add Vanni as a contact.

From Vanni💜:
With what?

I sorta reply to them first rather than Ross. Oops...

To Delly💖, Vanni💜:
With boy problems. Turns out... I LIKE ROSS! But the actual problem is I've never had a boyfriend or have been kissed. What the hell am I suppose to do?

To Rockstar😜:
They should fit. And about the Vegas shows, that'd be awesome. But I feel like I'm invading your space by coming and staying with you...

"You ready now?" She asks. I nod early and follow her out the door.

• • •

"Nice timing, Ross," I mumble, setting my iPad down onto my desk. "I just walked through the door." I add.

"Stop and twirl. I wanna see what you're wearing." Is the first thing he says.

"Well, hello to you too." I murmur, stepping away to twirl.

"You look beautiful." He says quietly. "Hi." I yawn and set the iPad on my bed facing the ceiling so I could change into a sports bra and spandex. "What'd you do for your birthday?" He asks.

"Jess took me to a fancy lunch place. Then took me to her boyfriends house where they just so happened to throw a surprise party for me. A lot of YouTubers and a lot of models were there." I mumble, crawling under my covers. It felt good to be back. "Damn it, I forgot to take my contacts out." I whine, standing back up. It took me less than a minute to take them out and put my glasses on.

"The show was good. We're actually putting in an older song we made like in two thousand and nine or something. It's Riker's song, though, so he's lead." I nod and keep my one lamp on. "You tired?" He asks.

"Mhmm, a little. I can't imagine how tired you are. It must be like four in the morning where you are." I whisper.

"Day off tomorrow. I have all day to get my sleep." He replies. "But I really wish I had someone to cuddle with." Chuckling, I close my eyes and nod my head.

"Trust me, I'd rather be cuddling with you right now than having these stupid reoccurring nightmares." I murmur.

"Nightmares?" Freaking a, I said that out loud didn't I? "Hey, you've never mentioned stuff about nightmares. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything's fine." Another yawn escapes my lips. "I'm actually really tired. Can you sing me a song to help me fall asleep?" I ask, taking my glasses off.

"Yeah, sure." I smile and plug my phone in, set it on my nightstand, turn my lamp off, then get comfortable. "You good now?" He asks.

"Yup. Night, Ross. And thanks!" I say, somewhat loudly.

"Night, Laura." I heard him take a deep breath. "Once I was seven years old..."

• okay, be honest... this chapter sucked, didn't it? i so rushed this and i feel like it's so so crappy. i'm so tempted to unpublished it and rewrite it because it's so rushed. i don't know, i guess i'll see in a little while. you know the drill; vote, leave a sweet comment, and follow me. love you, babes💜

p.s., isn't ross the sweetest?

p.p.s., i said so a lot in this authors note.