11 | Birthday Girl

Start from the beginning

"He told me what happened." I blurt out. "It must've been terrifying to see your boyfriends little brother... yeah." She rocked on her heels and looked at her phone.

"Well, I have to go teach a yoga class. Once again, happy birthday. Hope your day is filled with awesomeness and smiles." She smiles and walks down my driveway to her car.

"Thanks again!" I shout, waving with the bag in my hand. As soon as I entered the kitchen, Jess' eyes lit up.

"Oh my fucking gosh, Laura! Who are those from?!" She asks, already getting me a vase.

"Well, Riker's girlfriend just dropped them off, but their from Ross." I say, putting the roses in the vase. He got me eight red roses, which smelt amazing. "Aw, I can't believe he did this!" I'm legit so happy right now. I've known him for like two months now and he's already gotten me roses and a birthday present.

"Okay, he's not even your boyfriend, but he's already better than my own boyfriend. Don't tell Noah that, though." I laugh at her as I take the card sticking partly out of the bag.

Laura Marie Marano....
Happy birthday, dork! First off, I do miss you, even if we only met face to face once. And I hope you have an amazing birthday, even if I'm not there to celebrate it with you. Do you like the roses? I remember awhile back you mentioned roses were your favorite flower. Oh, and I almost forgot... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LAUR!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! (Imagine my whole family singing that). - Ross Lynch

"Aw." I mumble, looking in the bag. I pull out the first thing I grasp. "Yes!" I say, fist pumping. It was a reddish crew neck that had Hogwarts on it in fancy writing.

"You told him you were obsessed with Harry Potter?" She asks, her eyes a bit wide. I slowly nod my head and furrow my eyebrows. "He wasn't freaked out about you wanting to marry Harry Potter, the fictional character?" She asks. I slightly punch her arm for an answer.

"It's better than wanting to marry John Stamos. At least my character is in my age range." I roll your eyes as she sticks her tongue out at me. I pull out a black pair of shorts with lace at the end. They were a more silky feeling than cotton feeling. There was a small note taped to the tag.

This is from Rydel. Happy birthday. -Rydel

Chuckling, I pull out the next thing, which is a black sweatshirt that was a little more cropped, which would fit me better than any sweatshirt. Ross is officially the best human alive.

"That's actually really cute." Jess says, picking up my black sweatshirt. "Can I barrow it sometime?" She asks.

"Maybe." I mumble, pulling out the next item. A grey knitted beanie. "Oh my gosh, I'm gonna wear this in summer too. I'll wear this year round, I swear." I say, giving the most serious look to Jess.

"I would too." She grabs it from my hands. Chuckling, I grab a small rectangular box at the bottom. This was the last thing in here. Furrowing my eyebrows, I open it up and find four rings. Instantly, I put the thickest one around my pointer finger. It had a cold elephant design and it was a sterling silver beautiful ring. I put the second thickest one around my ring finger, which technically isn't my ring finger because these are on my right fingers. It had sort of a random designing it, which is still super cute. The normal one I put around my middle finger above my knuckle, since it was a smaller ring, and it had a design of like elephant trunks around it. Last but not least, I but the last ring around my pinky finger.