Chapter 17 • Sinema

Chloe's Point of View

"Guys, make sure that nothing bad happens." Brett whispered towards Liam and I. It has to do with the supernatural. We walked into Sinema and you could hear the music loud and clear. "Don't worry," Liam said. "I'll go get us some seats," Brett said walking away. "I'm going to the bathroom so I'll be back." Mason said.

I looked at Brett and noticed him waving us over. "Let's go!" I said grabbing both Brendon and Liam along. We sat down as Brett went to get drinks. "Hey, Chloe." Brendon whispered not trying to get Liam's attention. "What?" I ask turning to his side. "Isn't that the same Liam." I cut him off nodding. His mouth formed into an 'o' shape.

"I'm back!" Brett said handing out drinks. "Water, just for you Chloe," he smiled. "Thank you." I said. "I'm going to go dance, don't kill anyone." Brett joked walking to the dance floor. "Hey Chloe, do you want to dance?" Brendon asked smiling. "Yeah sure." I placed my water grabbing his hand.

Mason's Point of View

I walked back noticing Liam by himself. "Um, where did everyone go?" I ask looking at him. "They're dancing." He said nodding over to the dance floor. I turned around noticing Brendon and Chloe dancing. "Is Liam jealous?" I ask laughing.

"No." He said crossing his arms. "Mhm sure. I mean he's tall, nice, probably goo-" I got cut off. "Stop. It's not funny." Liam said rolling his eyes. "Okay, let's go have some fun." I said and kicked his leg a little. He rolled his eyes following me anyways. "Who knows, maybe you'll find some nice girls here." I said as we walked to the mini bar. "Chloe doesn't like it when I drink." Liam said crossing his arms. "Says the guy that was dying to get drunk at the bonfire. You can't get drunk anyways why does it matter?" I ask him ordering a couple shots.

Chloe's Point of View

"I like this song!" Brendon shouted as we both danced along. "It's a good song!" I shouted back looking around. I notice Liam at the bar by himself. Are you serious? "I'm going to get my water. I'll be right back." I said walking to our table. Mason was sitting with a random boy as they talked. I grabbed my water trying to not cause a big scene. I sit down at another table not wanting to bother Mason. I drink my water watching people dance the night away.

I get up walking to Liam. I can't just leave him there. "Liam?" I ask blinking. I notice him talking to a blonde girl. She had a neon crop top and white short shorts on. I feel myself start to get a headache. I get annoyed and walk up to them. I turn to her grabbing her shoulder. "So, you're not working the street corner tonight I see." I said smirking. She gasps and looks at me in disgust. "Chloe! What's wrong with you?" Liam asked pulling me away from the girl. "Nothing." I say keeping my distance.

"Well, something's up." He said through gritted teeth. His grip on my wrist tightened making it hurt. "Liam, stop." I said moving my wrist. He just kept glaring at me. "Liam, it hurts. Stop." I said trying to yank my arm from him. "You need to stop. You can't just tell people that!" He shouted not letting go. "Woah, what's going on here?" Brett asked walking up to us. I felt my eyes get more watery.

"Nothing. Just a misunderstanding." I said. Catching Liam off guard I pushed him away. "Woah!" Brett said helping Liam. I turn around running away from them. "Chloe!" Brett shouted.

Mason's Point of View

I look away from Eric noticing Chloe pushing people out of her way. "Wait, give me a minute." I told him getting up. "Chloe!" I shout not getting her attention. I look to where she came from seeing a pissed off Brett and a clueless Liam. I run up to them asking questions. "What happened?" I ask trying to stay calm. "Well, Chloe just called Riley a prostitute." Liam said glaring at Brett. "Who's Riley?" I ask confused. "Exactly." Brett said. "Where's she going anyway?" I ask them.

"Who knows." Brett said leaving us behind. I watch him run out of the club to catch up to her. "Aren't you supposed to be chasing her?" I ask rolling my eyes. "It's not my problem." He shrugged going to back to a blonde. I follow behind Brett noticing Brendon with him. "Chloe!" They both shout trying to get her attention. I notice her running while not looking back. She got onto the busy street making me get worried.

Liam's Point of View

My phone vibrates making me groan. I take it out seeing Scott calling me. I click ignore.

Brett's Point of View

"It's okay guys. Brendon and I can call in sick tomorrow." I said. "Thank you so much. I don't want to miss school especially with all the tests and everything." Scott said rubbing his head. "I think we should go home and sleep." Lydia said referring to herself, Scott, Stiles, Kira, Mason, and Malia. "I agree. We should get going guys." Kira said rubbing Scott's back. "Let's get going." Malia said biting her lip. You could tell she was sad. She didn't want to show it. They all said their goodbyes leaving. "Please, keep us updated." Scott said looking over at Chloe sleeping. "We will. Don't worry." I said giving him a hug.

They all left leaving Brendon and I here. "This is just so much." He said resting his head on the head rest on his chair. "I know." I said watching Chloe breath in and out. "It all happened so fast. We could've stopped her you know." He said rubbing his eyes. "We tried our best. She's okay though." I said reassuring him. "What if she wasn't." He said his eyes full of tears. "Don't think like that man." I said patting his back.

"You know I was going to ask her out tonight. On a real date." He said playing with his fingers. "Really?" I asked turning to him. "Yeah. I was thinking maybe the frozen yogurt shop." He said laughing. "She likes it there." I said smiling. "I believe you." He said. "You know when we were at the cafe one day. When you all met her we were having coffee and Liam walked in with a girl. They were really loud and Chloe was just so down and I didn't want her to get worse." I said fixing my shirt.

"Does she know?" He asked. "No. Not at all." I said. "Do you know who the girl was?" He asked me. "No clue. She didn't look familiar." I shrugged.