Chapter 3

- -

Ayumi's POV

"Good fucking morning." I greeted with a happy little simper on my face. I still laid on my bed, laziness dawning on my whole being. A yawn escaped my dry lips while I stretched my arms and legs like a starfish.

"Knock knock!" I heard from outside my bedroom door before it swung open with a grinning blonde's head peeking inside.

"That's how we knock on doors? I've been doing it wrong all this time." I said jokingly making Lucy roll her eyes, with her responding "Hearing my voice in the morning is free therapy, be grateful."

I shook my head while covering my ears, "No doc, make it stop, I'm begging!"

"Haha, very funny. Make your own breakfast."

"You're music to my ears, Luce. Good morning!"

She grinned satisfied, "Peanut butter and jelly sandwich on the table."

"What would I do without you, dear roomie."

Lucy smiled while shaking her head before disappearing behind the now closed door.

So,, this is my life from now on.

Lucy and I currently reside in this cozy apartment. The rent was 70,000 originally, we managed to convince the landlady to split it so both of us can just pay 35,000 jewels. This apartment is in Magnolia, a commerce city where magic has flourished for ages. Past Kardia Cathedral in the center of town, you'll find Fairy Tail, the only mage guild in the city.

I let out an exhale before rolling of my bed and wiggled my way to the bathroom and entered in.

I laid on the ground while stripping my clothes off before entering the bathtub. I leaned on the headrest and closed my eyes with a contented smile.

The past few days were spent with me job hunting around Magnolia since Lucy and I decided to settle down here.

Seeing as there's no available job I actually like here, I took a trip to the next town and applied to the cafe in order to be able to pay my share of the rent. It was only 3 days a week so I'll be able to hang around in the guild with the others.

I haven't joined Fairy Tail, but I've already expressed my feelings about joining to master. He gave me permission to partake on missions and hang out in the guild, but no reward will be given to me. Now I just have to cancel the bet with the three idiots so I could officially join the guild.

After the bath, I changed into my home clothes and towel dried my hair while walking to Lucy's room to eat breakfast with her.

On the way there, I heard her scream so I hurriedly ran over and pushed open the door with my fists ready. I then shrieked when my sweet blonde roommate kicked, I believe, the two trespassers to the wall right next to me.

"Fucking hell, did you guys fly to her room or something?" I raised my eyebrow at them, leaning my weight on one of my legs then moved the towel away from my hair. Natsu held his swollen cheek with an innocent expression, "We heard from Mira that you both found a place to stay in."

"Aye." Happy said along, mirroring the pink haired boy's actions.

"So you did fly your way into her room without permission." I said while scanning the mess they made in Lucy's room.

"Haven't you guys heard of the word manners?" Lucy howled with a glare, pointing a finger at them, "What you guys have done is trespassing! It's a crime, y'know!"