Chapter 2

- ☾ -

Ayumi's POV

I kept my stance at the far end of the pathway of the Fairy Tail guild. My arms crossed over my chest and my foot rapidly tapping on the ground. A frown was evident on my face, staring at the three a little far back who stared right back at me. "I feel like my life's gonna change if I go in there."

"Boo! Ayumi ain't a quitter!" Natsu yelled out with his hands cupping his mouth for louder volume.

I bit my lip, feeling anxious while thinking about the bet, the situation, the feelings I'm feeling,, everything is just so troublesome. "Someone snipe me right now."

"Freelance mage no more!" Lucy cheered pumping her fist with a cheeky grin, "I know you're nervous but you got to at least take one step forward!"

I took a step forward.

"How about move a little further up, Ayumi?"

"I'm good."

"Natsu, we've been standing here for a good 5 minutes already. Do something about Ayami!" Happy complained while plopping himself on the ground in complete boredom. Natsu scratched the back of his head with a groan, "Why do I have to do something?"

I formed a more bratty expression, furrowing my eyebrows and pouting my lips, claiming I'm staying on this spot. If they leave then I'm leaving too, that was my conclusion.

"Ayumi, we're literally already here. Just climb up!"

"No." I shook my head childishly, "I'm not moving."

Lucy took out a notepad and pen and wrote something on the second page. "How many personalities does this girl have? This is a new side of her again."

Happy then tugged at the end of Natsu's bottoms and let out a whine. The boy let out a sigh then finally made a move, making his way to where I was. Seeing this, I already had my fists raised in warning, "I change my mind, I'm leaving."

"No you're not-" Natsu then lifted me up and placed me on his shoulder. If I'm going to be treated like a sack of potatoes then I might as well act like one, so I let myself dangle. "But I'm so nervous, bro!"

Lucy and Happy gave off claps of relief, they could finally make their way back to Fairy Tail without having the bluenette unnecessarily make a fuss. Once they got to the door, Natsu placed me down in front of the door then raised a thumbs up to both of us, "You'll both love it here so quit worrying!"

"Now that Ayami's quiet-" Happy coughed, moving forward while Lucy held the back of my cardigan to keep me from making happy stew.

Happy gestured his paw to the building in front of him with a welcoming smile. "Welcome to Fairy Tail!"

I uneasily looked around on my surroundings, then got startled when a loud bang was heard from in front of me. I see Natsu being the culprit as he kicked open the doors of the guild with a loud yell of "We're back!"

Many wizards inside turned their heads to the loud Fire Dragon Slayer with a grin and started greeting him with matching energy.

"There you go makin' trouble again!" One of the people exclaimed while his seatmate with the huge front teeth laughed, "You destroyed half of Harg-"

Natsu then cut the guy off by laying a strong kick square on the face which made Lucy shriek in shock, as well as letting out a shocked why.

"The info about the salamander was a lie, wasn't it?!" Natsu yelled out with a large red irk mark on his head in annoyance.

"How would I know?! I just told you some rumors that's been going around!" The guy said back with an equally annoyed tone.