Let's Take a Trip

Start from the beginning

"I miss you." A few tears managed to escape and the only person she wanted right now was across the school getting ready for practice.

"Hey peaches. You okay?" Maya sat beside her and stroked her hair. "If you aren't ready to see him you don't have to look at that picture I can hold onto it for you."

Her eyes closed again and she shed tears freely. "That's just it. I so desperately want to see him, but when I look at a picture and realize this is all I have left, it kills me." Farkle sat down in front of her.

"You still have your memories, all those amazing moments you spent together." Farkle mumbled and took her hands.

"It's not enough. I mean is it selfish of me to want him here, with me?" Neither of her friends answered, she inhaled slowly letting her chin shake. "I know this isn't the time or the place for me to break down like this, but why? Why him? What did he ever do to anyone to deserve this?"

"My mom says, God was wanting him home sooner. To put him to work in other people's lives. He was just wanting his angel to come home." The blonde uttered.

"He could've done that here. He could've helped people here." Her face turned red and the tears flowed freely, no hesitance to even try and stop them.

"Not to his fullest." He cleared his throat. "Because he was sick, he couldn't do the things that maybe God intended for him."

"I am so mad." Her hands fell into her face. "If God wanted him to work in people's lives, why was he sick in the first place?" The class bell rang and the halls had emptied. Riley stood up and started to pace the hallway. "I just want to hit something, I want to get out of here."

"Go on home Riles, i'll get your work. Teachers will understand, here take my car." Maya tossed her best friend the keys.

"No, that's okay. I'll walk home, my cars there if I need to go anywhere."

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

"Farkle. Have you seen or heard from Riley? I've texted her several times, i've waited by her locker and-" Lucas questioned.

"Oh, she went home about 2 hours ago. She got pretty upset, and angry so we told her to go." Farkle replied.

"No. No, no, no." Lucas snatched his bag off of his desk and left the school in a hurry, dailing her number.

Riley, please call me as soon as possible. Don't do it. Call me, i'm on my way.

Several voicemails and a quick drive later, he fumbled into her home. "RILEY!" He ran into the garage, hoping to find her at least sleeping but, nothing. He sauntered towards the hallway and saw Auggie's door was cracked. "Riley?"

"Lucas?" She sprung off the bed and landed into his arms sobbing.

"What are you doing in here?" His strong biceps carried her out of the bedroom and shut the door. "I told you not to go in there."

Riley's beautiful forehead landed on his. "I just wanted him. I wanted to hold him. I'm sorry, you were right." She took several quick breaths. "I didn't find what I was looking for."

"Come here beautiful. Just lay down." The brunette buried her head into his shoulder and cried while he stroked her hair. Her legs were wrapped around his waist. "Let's take a little trip." With Riley still clinging to him he stepped outside and placed her in his truck. The dancer ended up falling asleep in his lap, which he didn't mind. The green eyed man openly accepted the fact that he was absolutely obsessed with her, even sleeping or crying she made him happy. Lucas put his truck into park and carefully slid out of the seat, waiting for her to wake up. He was proud of the fact she didn't completely shut down again, he was excited that she didn't have to start over, but Riley took an extremely hard hit today that she wasn't ready for.