chapter 7

Ali woke up warm and cozy and realized she was still snuggled into Ashlyn's side with Ashlyn cuddling her. Ali had a huge smile and didn't even realize it until Ashlyn cleared her throat
"Geez Als your teeth are blinding me. What the heck are you so happy about this early in the morning?"
"Nothin" Ali's cute answer caused Ashlyn to smile.
"Oh and now why are you so happy?"
"Nothin" they both burst out laughing. That day was their first friendly of the season against Costa Rica. Jill sent out a group text of the starting line up. Goalie - Ashlyn, defenders - Ali, Kelley, Becky, and Julie, midfielders - Tobin, Carli, Megan, and Lauren, forwards - Alex and Sydney. Everyone got ready and walked onto the field to warmup. They all played great and ended up with a 7-0 win and an extremely pleased coach Jill.

After celebrating they all went to their rooms to relax. Hope and Kelley were sitting on their beds and reading books and listening to music. All of a sudden an aggressive thunder and lightning storm began. Kelley was so scared she hid under the bed and curled into a ball. Hope had no idea what had gotten into Kelley so she instantly got concerned. Hope sat on the floor between their two beds "Kel?"
"Mhm" Kelley struggled to even speak. Hope took Kelleys hand and led her out from under the bed so she was sitting next to her on the floor. Another crash of thunder and Kelley was in Hopes lap shaking. Hope just held her until there was a break in the storm where they could talk. When the storm calmed down Kelley looked up at Hope with tears in her eyes. Hope picked her up and just held her there because she knew it made Kelley happy even though she had never told her.
"Hopey?"
"Yeah?"
"Thank you"
"Anytime. Are you ok? What happened?" "My biggest fear is thunder and lightning" Hope grabbed her hand and squeezed it
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I haven't ever told anyone. I didn't think anyone would have to see me get so scared" all of a sudden an incredibly large clap of thunder erupted sending Kelley to tears. Hope picked her up and placed her in her bed and got in next to her and hugged her tight until the storm completely ended. Once it was over Kelley turned around, hugged Hope back, and cuddled into her smiling so big causing Hope to smile too.