Michael x Luke (5SOS)

Start from the beginning

"You know I just sit on my arse and play video games I wanna know what you do for fun, Hemmings, c'mon, dish the dirt. I bet you've got all the girls after you." He wiggled his eyebrows, and Luke swallowed, shaking his head, eyes now downcast, looking at the book in front of him.

"Uh, like, there might be girls after me, I mean, like, I don't know, I'm not like, you know...like I don't like, I mean..." Luke swallowed, eyebrows furrowed and gaze glancing at anywhere but Michael.

"Luke, are you like, not into girls?" Michael asked, voice softer and more serious than Luke had ever heard it before, which cased the blonde to look up at he redhead in surprise. "You know it's ok if you're not right I mean I just assumed you were straight cause you're like ridiculously hot so, yeah, no big deal if you don't like girls." Luke smiled a little.

"Yeah, I'm not into girls." Luke clarified and Michael smiled.

"Me either." Michael shrugged, and spoke so casually. They looked at each other for a moment, just smiling at each other, and Luke could feel his face heating up a little.

"So, we should, uh, get back to what we were doing." Luke laughed a little, willing his face t not get even more red as he tore his eyes from Michael's.)

They met like this for 4 weeks, and in that time they hadn't really improve on Michael's Math skills, mostly because Michael always found an excuse not to study, and Luke being smitten, always found a way to agree not to study, he didn't find it that hard.

***

"I'm telling you Ash, he doesn't like me like that." Luke shook his head, once gain denying his friends accusation of the crush returning his feelings.

"Dude, you're so blind." Ashton groaned a little, putting his head down on the table they were sat at, Luke had come to name it as Michael and Luke's table in his head, but he wasn't going to tell anyone else that. Luke rolled his eyes, patting the back of Ashton's head.

"You're so over dramatic sometimes, you know that, Ash?" Ashton looked up, glaring at his long term best friend, but then broke into a giggle. Luke's hand dropped back onto the table and Ashton place his own over the younger's.

"If only you could see how gone you were for each other, maybe you'd finally get some and then you would have to come complaining about it to me every day." Ashton sighed dramatically, lowering his voice a little when seeing the Librarian look up in their direction.

Just as Luke was about to reply, there was a throat clearing somewhere to his left, the blonde looked over to see none other than the subject of their conversation. But Michael was not looking at Luke, he was looking, rather glaring at Ashton.

Luke looked from Ash to Michael, and they seemed to be having a silent conversation between them, which confused Luke because as for as he was aware, they weren't friends or anything, or had ever conversed before. Michael's eyes flicked to where Ash was still holding his hand over Luke's and his jaw tightened a little, and something of a smirk appeared on Ashton's face.

"I better go, I'll let you get on with your tutoring, see you later?" Luke continued to be confused, but nodded up at Ashton as he stood to gather his stuff and turned to leave. Expecting Michael to sit opposite him, Luke started to get his Math book out, but when he heard no sign of Michael sitting anywhere at the table, he looked up to see the redhead still staring i the direction that Ashton had left in.

"Michael,, you okay?" Luke said softly, startling the older out of his daze like state, but his jaw was still set hard and his expression was almost emotionless. He nodded slightly and came to sit in the seat opposite Luke. "You sure?"

"Yes." Was all Michael said in reply, so Luke smiled a little at him, not knowing what else to do or say. There was a silence between them then, and for the first time it was an uncomfortable one.

"So we should-" Luke Started, unable to finish because Michael had interrupted with, "You have a boyfriend then." It wasn't a question, it was a statement one which confused Luke to no end, because, no, he didn't have a boyfriend, not of any sort.

"Uhm, what?" Luke swallowed.

"You have a boyfriend. Which is fine, by the way, but it would have been nice to know." Michael's voice was bitter, and there was a twisted smile on his face, the sort where you try and look happy even though you really don;t want to be talking about whatever it is you're talking about.

"I don't-" Luke started again, Michael interrupting once more, not really listening to what Luke was trying to say, and just ranting himself.

"Because, like, I would have liked that information before I started to like get too know you and, like it's pretty shitty, cause like it seemed like you liked me a little too, and now I feel like a dick cause like, of course you have a boyfriend and don't like me, cause like you're insanely hot, and cute, and smart and I'm not. Wow I sound like such a fucking idiot right now." Luke shook his head.

"Michael," Luke said forcefully, interrupting him for once. "I don't have a boyfriend, what are you talking about?" Michael finally looked up at him, eyebrows furrowing together, and he opened his mouth a little and then closed it again. "Are you talking about Ash?" Michael nodded and Luke laughed a ittle shaking his head.

"He's not my boyfriend, I mean, he's my best friend, and I love him, but not like that and it would be totally gross, and not possible for him to be my boyfriend cause like he's straight and I'm not a girl, so like it wouldn't work, so, yeah, not my boyfriend, definitely single, and definitely into you." Luke smiled wide at Michael and Michael smiled back, shaking his head a little.

"Well, now I definitely feel like a dick." Michael whispered, still smiling, looking back up at Luke. "Do you wanna maybe go somewhere after school? We can go and get ice cream or something?" Michael asked hopefully, leaning forward against the desk reaching his hands forward. He felt an itching feeling to reach over and lace his fingers with Luke's but he didn't, he restrained himself.

"Yeah," Luke smiled, starting to blush and little, "yeah, I would like that a lot." He smiled, looking down at his hand, eyes flicking to Michael's that were in reach of his and before he could stop himself, he was lacing his fingers with the redheads, causing a grin to edge its way onto the older boys face.

They didn't get much teaching in during that session, and their Math teacher finally figured that there wasn't much learning going on throughout any of their torturing sessions, and assigned Michael a new tutor. Not that Luke minded, he didn't need a reason to see his boyfriend anyway.

~Hope you liked it! Tumblr - ameliarosetalks.tubmlr.com ~