« ᴛᴇɴ : ᴍᴏʀᴇ »

Start from the beginning

⠀⠀⠀"Please, Yuu-ch—!"

⠀⠀⠀"Yuichiro. My name is Yuichiro."

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela mentally deflated like a balloon. Not only was their relationship an absolute mess and a sad excuse of a said relationship— he couldn't even speak to him and use his signature nickname. It was absurd, but he went with it as though it hadn't just twisted his heart. "Please, Yuichiro, I know you probably want to leave as soon as possible, but at least try to hear me out!"

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro scrunched his eyebrows together as if confused, but exhaled loudly before plunging into the couch— more specifically, the one end of the couch where he'd usually sat when he came over. It was quite pitiful how many details Mikaela knew and kept track of with anything that had to do with Yuichiro. Nevertheless, it was distressing. The blond padded over to settle on the complete other side from where Yuichiro sat, careful not to scare the dark-haired male away or make him any more uncomfortable than he probably already was. He needed to keep him where he was for as long as he could; he was so desperate he was on the verge of tears.

⠀⠀⠀"Yuu-chan, I didn't mean any harm between us when I was avoiding you that day— I swear. You were just there at the wrong place during the wrong times." Mikaela said in a low whisper, eyes trying to stay upon the raven, though becoming useless.

⠀⠀⠀"Wrong place during the wrong time my ass, Mikaela." Yuichiro snarled with the stomp of his foot, raising to his feet. His lips were curled, throat rumbling as if he were growling like a monstrous, untamed, wild beast ready to attack his prey— the prey that ended up being him. And for someone like him to be intimidated and horrified to have met this side of a once timid, emotional raven was almost a shock to him. For once, he was actually afraid of what Yuichiro could do, what he could say, what he was thinking. Because of him, he was afraid of the truth that was almost knowing to be said. "You don't have to lie anymore. I'm tired of all the lies that I'm having to go through. Hell, I've been living a lie, Mikaela, a lie.

⠀⠀⠀"It was so obvious how you were evading me as if I disgusted you; like I was abnormal in some way compared to someone, popular, beautiful, and normal, like you. It didn't take rocket science to notice and just know that you were running away from me. You don't need to lie anymore because I already know." Yuichiro rambled, not once taking a breath no matter how quickly and roughly and how much emotion seemed to be flooding from his words. "It hurts. But you wouldn't know, would you? You don't have to know because it'll never happen to you. You don't have to worry about the eyes of judging people, tough reality, continuous haunting nightmares of the parents that never loved an inch of you— none of it; and it isn't fair, but it doesn't matter anymore! I'm tired of being surrounded by untrustworthy people, the lies, nor can I withstand this cruel world! I'm exhausted!"

⠀⠀⠀The dark-haired male stood there, shoulders heaving to match the rhythmic huffing and puffing of his chest as he collected as much oxygen as he needed to satisfy his aching lungs. He hadn't even known the tears that fringed the glassy sclera of his eyes, threatening to spill at any given moment. It wasn't like him to cry in front of anyone else, so what was he doing, weakening and wilting in front of Mikaela like a trampled flower?

⠀⠀⠀Unlike for Mikaela, he was feeling guiltier than he could ever imagine. His friend ( as badly as he didn't want to call him that, something much more special and meaningful) had been breaking and crumbling and was more fragile than he had taken him to have been. He was living a world of falsehood; where everyone around him was going to be a stranger no matter how long or how loved they were to Yuichiro. He was suppose to be one of the few in his life that he could trust. He was suppose to be the one he could rely on. Mikaela was suppose to be Yuichiro's safe haven, and he failed.