Chapter 1

*Levy's POV*

My story didn't start the way you would think it would. You wouldn't believe my story either. You would have to have been there when it happened, in order for you to believe it. But my story is true. I know, because I wouldn't have been who I am know today.

It all started when the theater I worked at closed down. I wasn't surprised at this; it was a small theater. Not that it was Broadway or anything. We put on some great shows, and I had the record for most lead females roles. I got paid good, but I became bankrupt because the bank took all of my money. They took everybody's money because of how bad the government had fallen.

I talked to my former employer, Makarov Dreyar, telling him about my dilemma. I hardly had anything, I to try and sell some of my possessions, but hardly got anything. Just a few dimes for one of my books. I spent it all on food to keep me alive. Makarov gave me an address for another theater, where they are accepting back up ladies. I really didn't want to start at the bottom again, but I decided to head over there anyways.

Once I have arrived at the front doors, I looked up at the blinking lights on the screen, showing the showtimes for the plays it is showing. I started to feel nervous, and doubtful. Maybe this isn't such a good idea. I won't know anybody once I go in. I'm more nervous than I have ever been, even before my  shows. I looked back down at the paper Makarov gave me, and shoved it into my thin coat pocket.

I turned to walk down the street. Unfortunately, the streets of New York have been set up with food stands. I was so hungry, but I knew better than to steal the food that was displayed. As I walked down, I saw lines of woman and children, begging for food. This era was called the Great Depression. I was hurt seeing so many children starving in the early spring.

I didn't see where I was going, when I accidentally bumped into someone and fell on my end. "Miss are you okay?" a voice said, offering a hand. I looked up and saw a man with ginger orange hair that was spiked fancifully. His eyes were behind a pair of glasses, and his body was in a formal suit, topped with a coat. I reach up for his hand and he pulls me to my feet. "I'm fine. I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." I said, brushing some of the leftover snow off my skirt.

"It's alright. I was actually looking for you, Miss McGarden." he said. That instantly grabbed my attention. "Me?" I asked.

"Yes, you." he said, smiling. "Why don't I get you something to eat? I'll tell you everything once we get there."

"Thank you for the offer." I said, walking with him into a local diner. He ordered for both of us. "Sir, you don't have to do this." I said.

"Of course I do. And you can call me Loke. Besides, ever since I heard the theater you formally worked at closed down, and with the bank taking the money, I simply decided to help out a friend." he explained.

"How did you know I worked at a theater?" I asked.

"I have seen you perform, and I must say your talent is amazing." he said. "Anyway, I have a proposition for you."

"What kind of proposition?" I questioned, just as our food was set out in front of us. I ate properly, even though I was starving like an elephant in the middle of a drought in the desert. I haven't eaten like this in forever.

"Well, Miss Levy, I want you to star as the main lady in my new movie." he said. I was about to choke. He wanted me to be in a movie?! I loved acting, but I didn't think I cut out for the silver screen. "Me? In your movie? Are you sure? I'm not sure if I am good enough."

"Don't be silly, I have seen you perform before in the theater, and your talent is just what I need. I am quite aware that most of your performances were plays written by Gajeel Redfox."

"Yes, he is my favorite play writers. In fact, I was the one who recommended them to my old play director." I say, smiling.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, he will be joining my team for this movie. He will be writing the script."  He said.

"Really?!" I asked, really excited.

"It took a while for me to persuade him, but he has agreed to work with me." Loke said."However, I need a leading lady, and I am willing to pay you for your cooperation. After all, it is just one movie, and who knows, maybe I can get you signed with a contract with me."

I didn't know what to expect or do. "This is so sudden." I said. Movie directors pay a lot of money for their actors and actresses. But was I ready for this? I didn't know. The adrenaline was building up. "I'll do it." I said, smiling.

"Okay, meet me back here tomorrow, and I will take you to our ship."

"Ship?" I asked.

"Yes, the movie is going to be shot on a boat and an island. So you might want to pack a few changes of clothes. Don't worry, I'll have your movie outfits on the ship. Also, pack light. We won't be on the island for very long. About a week's worth of supplies will suffice." Loke said, standing up to go pay. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Thank you Loke, for everything." I said, grabbing my coat.

"Anything for my leading lady." he said. With that, he paid and we walked our separate ways. I headed towards my small cheap apartment, and immediately started getting ready to pack for my movie trip. I didn't know it at the time, but this was going to be my biggest adventure yet.

·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·
Hey everybody! Well, here is t he start of my new GaLe fanfic! It may take me a little while to update, since it is based on one of my favorite movies, King Kong. (Disclaimer: I don't own King Kong. I also don't own Fairy Tail. Fairy Tail belongs to Hiro Mashima and Kibg Kong belongs to its rightful owner. )

I hope you guys like this fanfic. Let me know in the comments below if you like it. I try and update tomorrow, but it will have to be after 6:00 pm eastern time. I have to work then.

Until next time...

~BoStaffKeyblade13