You Saved me

Kiraya was a girl that hid behind books reading everyday. She would read to daydream at the public library to distract herself from life itself. She was targeted by bullies, any kind, girl or boy it didn't matter and everyday she never stood up to them. She just took the insults like they were already part of her. When school was over she would go home and work on homework then cry herself to sleep.

Other times she would come home and grab a knife from the kitchen drawer. Lock herself in the bathroom where nobody could stop her.  She would then stare at the scars she had on her wrists and dig the tip of the knife into her pale skin. The blood would seep out of her skin in seconds and she would find herself weeping on the bathroom floor. She felt like she was a monster and would cut herself because she felt like she deserved it.

That she deserved the pain she would give herself. Why live when all she did was suffer. She was shattered and nobody bothered to pick up the pieces. Everyone passed her and continue on with their lives. No one stopped to help her and no one bothered.

So yeah, that sums it up for Kiraya. Peter was a different story. He was smart, popular, strong, quick, caring and kind. One day Peter caught Kiraya being picked on by other girls. They threw insults at Kiraya and she didn't bother to defend herself.

She looked down at her feet instead and cried. Peter stood there watching her. The girls took a closer step trapping her in a corner. Peter had enough. He couldn't just watch this, he needed to help her.

"Hey Amy, Lindsey, Julia, Clarissa, Brittany. Why don't you all just leave her alone?" Julia turned around surprised to see Peter standing there. "Peter what are you doing here?" Julia asked and gave him an innocent smile.

"Heading to my next class until I saw you all cornering this girl." "Oh Peter we weren't doing that we were umm-" "Oh cut the shit Julia I know what you all are doing." Meanwhile he saw Kiraya sliding herself down into the corner. "Hey we should go guys the bell's about to ring" Lindsey said tugging at Julia's and Clarissa's sleeve.

"I don't care this girl needs to stop drawing attention to herself," Amy said. "Anyway Peter why are you defending her?" Clarissa asked giving a disgusted look at the girl. Kiraya looked up to see Peter Sterling standing up for her. She remembered him.

They were best friends for 5 years. But once they got into their sophomore year everything changed. They grew apart after their lives became busy. So yes, she remembers him.
But does he remember her?

She wiped away her tears and looked back and forth between the girls and Peter. "Because- because she's my best friend" he claimed. Kiraya eyes widened. "He remembers " she whispered to herself. The girls turn to Peter and Brittany took a step closer to Peter.

She starts pointing at Peter and says, "So you're telling us you're friends with this loser." Peter looked up at them. "Yes I am." The girls started laughing and Amy took a step up. "Then why don't you go be with that hideous girl, Peter."

The girls started to walk away until Peter said this: "Why do you guy pick on Kiraya? Is it because you all have nothing better to do with your lives? You guys have a real low self - esteem if you want to pick on Kiraya." " Lindsey threw her head back laughing.

"Okay Knight in shining armor, first of all we have way better things to do than beat up this shithead. Second: We are confident about whatever the hell we do. Third: We want her to stop stealing our seats." Peter shook his head. "Wow guys you know it's really impressive, how you guys come up with this shit in a few seconds, considering that you all aren't the smartest group of people I know."

Brittany's face turned red in anger and she stomped up to Peter." She started to yell. "Look I don't know who the heck you think you are but-"  Peter cut her off and said, "You guys are the people who need to learn to stop beating someone else up to feel better about yourselves." He looked at each of the girls and spoke, "I want you guys to leave her alone.