One | An unplanned trip

The past few days with the princess had been uneventful, to say the least. She barely moved, and when she did it was because she was being dragged along to the next location on their journey. Hak began to worry for the princess, and it clouded his mind along with all his other thoughts on survival.

"Eat this." He stated while holding a cooked fish out. Although it didn't look entirely desirable, it was a necessity to replenish all the lost energy from the disaster at the castle. Yona just stared blankly at the piece of meat before turning her head. "Come on Hime-sama, this is no time to be picky. It's either this or a cute, fuzzy animal."

Again, nothing. No response, no sudden inhale or gasp in surprise. Thoroughly disappointed, Hak took the fish for himself, taking a huge bite from the middle. The taste didn't particularly bother him so much he would spit it out, but It was bad. The blacked haired male gazed at his princess with a flash of concern. This should be expected. After all, she saw her father murdered right before her eyes by the man she loves. The grip on his spear tightened in sudden rage.

"Hime-sama, I'm going to go find drinkable water." Although the excuse was invalid, he didn't have to worry because the princess wasn't listening anyway. She's gonna get herself killed, so unaware like that. Hak sighed as he left the young girl behind, but made sure not to go too far. It would be unprofessional if he wasn't at least near her to fend off any attackers. But as the Thunder Beast paced through the trees, he couldn't help but wander back into his previous thoughts.

Is this what you wanted, soo-won? Did you want her trembling long after you've gone?

His pace quickened.

Congratulations, you've succeeded. Was our friendship really that fleeting?

Meanwhile, the princess was yet again staring at nothing. She was too wrapped up in her emotions to care about anything else. But still... She couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching her. Yona shifted uncomfortably and pulled her hood over her eyes, as if that would hide her from whatever-- whoever was out there. Yona wondered if Hak had sense this presence as well, and that's why he pretended to go in search of water. Is...he going to protect me again?

Her thought was a little slow, due to her depression but it nonetheless caused her to move. "I-I know someone is out there." The red-haired princess stuttered as she wobbled to her feet. All the running on the rough terrain really got to the pampered princess. Even so, she wouldn't back down.

Yona jumped slightly when she heard the faint laughter from behind her.

"I'm surprised you were the one to catch me. I expected the General." The voice was soft, but held a orotund tone to it. Surprised, the princess spun on her heels to face the newcomer. Although most of her features were hidden, Yona could tell the person was female. "Who a-are you? Are you going to kill me?" Maybe she will, and I'll get to see father again. "Hak is not too far--"

"Kill you?" The female mused with a chuckle. A sense of unease overtook the princess as she started to back away. "I would never hurt you, Yona-hime. You are far too valuable." Everything seemed silence themselves. The birds stopped chirping, the wind halted in its course--not even an insect dared to sing. Yona stood there wide-eyed, clutching the ornamented hair pin that Soo-won had gifted her just a day prior as if it were going to protect her. Something felt off about the other girl, but Yona couldn't quite put a finger on what it was. Maybe it was the way the girl stood that reminded her of someone.

Hak...?

That's right, she stood tall and aware. Much like the general does when on high alert. She's checking to see if Hak is coming! Maybe I can stall until he comes back!