Chapter 5

(Edited)

Alex's POV
Beep! beep! beep! I woke up to my alarm beeping, even though I don't remember setting my alarm but whatever. I turned it off, got up and walked down the stairs to the kitchen. My mom was making breakfast all I could think of was the smell of bacon. "Mom is breakfast done?" I ask "almost." She replies "Okay I'm going to go get dressed." I said. Since its ten thirty I figured I should go ahead and get dressed. I walked up the stairs to my room. I went to the closet and grabbed a pink areopostale shirt, a pair of denim shorts, and my gray converse. I walked into my bathroom were I brushed my hair put on my deodorant, and got dressed then I grabbed my phone. Once I was done I walked back down stairs to eat breakfast, when I got down to the kitchen I grabbed a plate and filled it with bacon, gravy, biscuits and eggs. I sat down and ate my breakfast then after eating. I went into the living room and watched TV. Then there was a knock at the door, so I got up and opened the door. "Ready to go?" Seara asked "yeah" "Mom me and Seara are leaving." I said "Okay do I need to take you?" Asked my mom "No, Seara's mom is going to take us." I replied "Okay have fun" She said.

We walked out and got into Mrs. Jones' (Seara's mom) car, as I was buckling my seat belt my phone dinged, It was Grayson.

Hey do u want to
go do something

Umm I am already
heading to the mall
with Seara

After I replied he didn't answer back I was going to call him I hope he isn't mad at me for not telling him I was going Seara but before I could call him we had arrived at the mall.

Grayson's POV
Before I could text Alex back I heard a howl and smelt rogues. We have never had trouble with rogues in our old pack or in this pack since my dad has became Alpha. Dad is everything okay I mind linked him when I didn't get an answer I immediately ran down stairs, out the door and as I jumped off the porch I shifted. I looked around and there was about twenty rogues. I attacked the one closet to me killing it instantly. I looked around for my parents my dad was fighting of a large male rogue and winning. I didn't see my mom so I mind linked her mom were are you? It's okay I'm in the safe room with the women and children she replied okay I said and went to help my dad and the warriors. I killed two and was heading towards another when I heard a bang and felt a sharp pain in my shoulder one of the rogues hit us with a silver bullet my wolf Lakota said I was trying to fight the pain but it wasn't working. My vision started to get blurry the last thing I saw before I blacked out was the last rogue falling and the pack doctor running towards me.

Alex's POV 
We had been shopping for a while when my mom mind linked me and told me Grayson had been shot. Scarlett whimpered and I immediately shifted, ran out the mall and towards the pack house when I got there I ran to the pack doctors office. I shifted back and the Luna gave me some clothes. Grayson was laying on the bed in the middle of the room his mom and dad were standing there talking to doctor Samantha. I was trying to listen to what they were saying but I was to focused on Grayson. I sat down by his bed, then the doctor noticed me. "Only family is allowed in here, I will have to ask you to leave." Said Samantha which caused me to growl "Alex" said Alpha Tyler I stopped growling and looked at him and he nodded. "She is his mate she has every right to be in here." He said to Samantha "yes Alpha" She said in submition. She looked at me "sorry for saying that, and he will be okay it just might take a while for him to heal." She said I nodded. After his parents and the doctor let the room I just sat and waited.

Seara's POV
"I wonder why Alex left so quick?" I said as turned to my mom when she didn't answer I assumed she was talking to somebody through the mind link. "The Alphas son was shot by a rogue." She said and gave me a worried look. "Why did Alex leave then?" I said "I don't know." Said my mom. "Wait, what's the Alphas sons name?" I asked my mom as we were walking to the car. "Grayson, I think. Why?" She replied with bewildered look. " That's why she left, Grayson is her mate." Before my mom could say anything else we had arrived home.