'How are you... Here?' Oliver asked, still in shock.

'I was thinking about asking you the same question,'I declared.

'Why do you not want to speak to me, Aria?' Oliver asked me seriously.

'I've been through a lot, Oliver,' I said coldly. 'And I don't want to get sucked back into your world.'

'I've changed, Aria,' Oliver announced, as though he was pleading for my company.

'For better or for worse?' I asked poignantly. 'I know you've changed. I remember how you were on the island. And you must've gone through a lot more if you could stay alive for five years in that hellhole.'

Before Oliver could argue, I stormed off in the opposite direction. But I was stopped by Lance before I could make it to the lab.

Clearly I wasn't destined to get to the lab that day.

'Hey, Aria,' Lance said as he stopped me in my tracks, before sensing my annoyance. 'How... are ya?'

'Fine,' I said in an angsty tone. 'What is it?'

'I need someone to keep track of Mr Queen tonight,' Lance said quickly. 'And I was thinking maybe you could be that person.'

'Why can't you get one of your officers to watch him?' I asked, raising my left eyebrow. 'I'm a scientist, not a babysitter.'

'I need all my officers for another case,' Lance explained. 'Adam Hunt is being targeted by some maniac in a green hood, and I need my men on standby for that tonight.'

Adam Hunt, the rich CEO of his company Hunt Multinational, seemed to be kicking up quite a fuss that past week. He was in course for some case concerning legalities, with the one and only Laurel Lance testifying against him. And now he was being attacked by Robin Hood.

'I... know you despise Oliver Queen and Tommy Merlyn as much as I do,' Lance carried on knowingly. 'But I really need you to do this. You're the one person in this department who knows them better than anyone else. Mr Queen is up to something, I know it. And it's for only one night, Aria.'

'Fine,' I rolled my eyes in a hasty agreement.

---

'You're going?' Marcus exclaimed irately. 'What did I tell you, Aria?'

'It's for SCPD business only,' I explained quietly. 'I have to follow Lance's orders.'

As Marcus looked saddened by my news, I held his hand in consolation.

'I'll be fine,' I reassured him. 'I promise I won't become friends with any of them.'

'I'm coming with you,' Marcus suddenly announced. 'I don't want you to get hurt by Oliver Queen or Tommy Merlyn ever again.'

The night soon arrived, and Marcus and I set off to the venue. Coincidently, it was right next to Hunt Multinational.

'That's... Weird,' I said aloud.

'What's weird?' Marcus asked obviously.

'Er, nothing,' I shrugged it off.

The party was already heaving when we arrived, mainly consisting of young girls wanting to impress Oliver. Many of the guests were already tipsy, and almost everyone there has a drink in their hand. But what was I expecting? This was a party organised by Tommy.

'You made it!' Tommy exclaimed to me as Marcus and I entered the building, giving us both a shot glass.

'We're not here to party, Tommy,' I said stubbornly. 'I'm here on SCPD business. Lance wanted me to watch over you all to make sure nothing bad happens.'