The Job.

Chapter 2

The Job.

"Angelina? Angel are you awake?" Jenn asked as she saw the young girl stir slightly.

"Jennifer?" Her small voice croaked and Jenn sighed in relief.

"Thank god you're awake, how are you feeling? Can you sit up?" She asked as she helped Angel sit upright.

"I ache all over," She replied, "What happened?"

"W-we...we got beat up, again," Jenn said as she watched Angel slowly recall what happened, "They took our money so I came here, but the emergency money was gone."

"I remember," Angel nodded.

Jenn's eyes drifted to the floor boards before she dug into the paper bag she had and took out plasters and medicine, Angel eyed them wearily.

"Head up," Jenn ordered as Angel did so, placing the plaster on a small cut she had on her chin.

"Where did you get the medicine?" Angel asked, slightly afraid of the answer. Nothing was free in the underworld and she didn't want more thugs after them.

"I bought it," Jenn replied swiftly.

"Where did you get the money? You said the emergency money was gone," Angel asked again, she had a feeling she wasn't going to like the answer.

Jenn sighed, "I took a job and got half the money in advance."

"What job?" Angel immediately asked as Jenn handed her medicine for her to take.

"Before I say I want you to think about this, after the job they said they would give us above ground citizenship," Jenn revealed. Angel's eyes widened.

"Above ground citizenship?!"

"Yeah, and some money to support us. Think about it Angel! Eating fresh fruit and veg everyday, a house of our own and not one of those shitty shacks they have down here, we could both get decent jobs! Something like a messenger or working at a bakery. We'd see the sun rise everyday and watch the stars," Jenn excitedly said, already imagining her life up on the surface. Just feeling the morning breeze on her face would be enough.

"Ok, wait this seems a huge reward," Angel snapped out of her little fantasy life on the surface and brought up the mysterious job, "What do you have to do?"

Jenn chuckled nervously before scratching the back of her neck, "I have to infiltrate the Survey Corps and steal some documents that's all." Jenn waited for the reaction.

"THAT'S ALL?" There it was, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT'S ALL?"

"It's a quick job just in and out, I can take care of myself."

"That's besides the point Jennifer! Do you know how much trouble you can get for this? You could go down for a long time! Plus, the Survey Corps, they fight Titans!" Angelina argued.

"Pfft," Jenn scoffed, "Yeah wings of fucking freedom my ass! All they do is go outside the walls and come back with less then half of their men! What's the point? What do they even do on the outside have a picnic? They bring misery to the families who have lost their children and they have made no difference to society what so ever!"

Angel wasn't sure if she agreed or not but one thing she decided not to do was argue with Jenn's opinion. It wasn't as if Jenn was going to yell at her for it, it just wasn't what was on her mind at the moment.

"So, when do we leave?" Angel asked.

"What do you mean we? I took the job and I'm doing the job on my own," Angel was about to protest before Jenn gave her that, argue and die, look.