Maki didn't know if this was even going to work. Their sensei seemed to be too powerful, too smart for anything they could come up with. Crouching on a large pole, she imagined the possible outcomes. She grimaced to herself, twirling a kunai around her finger.

'This isn't going to be pretty,' she thought grimly.

Preparing a barrage of weapons to launch at Shikamaru Sensei, she waited for the signal from Shiari. All too quickly, a shuriken came through the air, lodging itself in the wooden pole Maki perched on.

'This is the sign,' Maki shook her head, she didn't feel ready for this! She couldn't, just couldn't abandon her team mates, not if they wanted one of those flags, she had to play her equal part in this.

Shiari was running at full speed towards Shikamaru Sensei, blood lust in her eyes. 'This plan will work. It has to!' She forced herself to believe what she thought, the confidence boosting her faster, pushing her harder than ever before. She jumped from pole to pole, occasionally jumping to the ground to keep things unpredictable.

All Shikamaru did was take a long drag off of his cigarette, not intimidated in the least by her. That just seemed to make Shiari angrier! Throwing her ninja tools at random, Shiari aimed to distract, aiming at his cigarette. A lone kunai knife swirled through the dry air, heading straight for the smoke resting in his hand.

Maki began her assault on Shikamaru's back, perfectly timed to match Shiari's attack.

Shikamaru looked in shock at his still smoking cigarette pinned to the pole behind him. He sighed, damn that was his last cigarette, what a drag.

Maki watched as her sensei ran his hands down his face, seeing a perfect opportunity she lunched herself at him, her foot raised to kick his head. Shikamaru sighed, he was low on chakra, so instead of having one of his shadows hit Maki away he caught her foot without any effort at all. Just then Shiari came at him with her fist, but Shikamaru ducked and caught her wrist. Shikamaru eyes winded when he felt a hand on his shpulder. Dropping the two girls he put his hands in the sign of the hare and pictured a circle, stopping everyone in their tracks.

Shikamaru sighed and looked over his shoulder to fine Kyto with wide eyes and his fist clinched onto a white flag.

'Well I'll be damned, they actually did it.' Shikamaru thought with a lazy smirk.

__
__

Team seven gapped at the seance below them, Maki and Shiari were on their asses and Kyto was on his hands and knees gripping onto a white flag, but what had Asuma hanging his mouth open was the huge black circle around the whole team, no one was moving.

"What the hell is that?" Tsukino shrieked as he jumped up, "I didn't even think shadows could go into fucking circles!"

Yamato was to shocked to correct Tsukino on his language, he couldn't believe it they had actually got a flag. Yamato looked over to his sensei who had his mouth open and the cigarette he had was now on the ground. Even his sensei was shocked? How is that even possible when he was the one to train the Nara?

Asuma was stunned, he knew that the Shadow circle Justu was A-rank, not saying that Shikamaru couldn't do it he just thought that he would have been too lazy to learn it. And Asuma knew that Shikamaru should have been out of chakra but there he was preforming the A-rank Justu. How did Shikamaru get so strong under his nose? How was the possible?

"Sensei isn't that an A-rank Justu? I thought he was only a Chunin before he came here to help out?" Richiryko asked as she pushed her pail peach hair out of her face.

"He was promoted to an Anbu before coming here, he took the job to become a Sensei...so technically that would make him a Jōnin." Asuma said as he pick up his cigarette. Seeing this test had somehow made Asuma see Shikamaru in a new light, and he was sure if it was good or bad.

__
__

Shiari was confused why the hell couldn't she move her body?! "What the fuck is going on?!" She screeched.

"Wait how can you preforme this? It's an A-rank Justu, you're low on chakra you shouldn't be able to execute this jutsu!" Maki growl out glaring at Shikamaru.

Shikamaru laughed and let the Justu go, making Kyto fall on his face, "Oww." He groaned as he rubbed his head. He could see Shikamaru was still a jerk.

Shikamaru turned to his three Genin and gave them a smile "You pass."

His face then got serious "And Maki, never underestimate anyone you're fighting, because they could be hiding something up their sleeve, just like I was." He turned to Shiari "And you, you owe me a pack of cigarettes for wasting my last cigarette."

There's the next chapter! Votes and comments are appreciated! I might do a triple update today because we are getting to the good parts! So stay tuned. :)

Also if any of you have seen Boruto (Movie about their kids) then you'll recognize that shadow circle move (Shikadai, Aka Shikamaru and Temari's kid used it.)...no that is not the name of it unfortunately it didnt have a name so I named it and I have no clue what rank it is so Yeahhhh xD