2

Chapter Two
Unknown company

Asuma code name- Wind
Shikamaru code name- Shadow

The two Anbu landed in front a cave, "We'll stay here for the night. The Hokage told you about keeping your mask on even when sleeping right?"

The young Anbu rolled his eyes "I assumed that was common sense but yes to answer your question, she did."

Asuma shook his head "No need to get sarcastic."

Shikamaru sighed and set his pack down as he leaned up against the wall, what a drag, how he wanted to say that out loud but if this was someone he knew then that would tip him off. Pulling his cigarettes from his pocket he unzipped his mask and lite it, taking a big drag.

"You smoke?" He heard Wind ask from the other side of the cave.

"Yup."

Asuma sighed since when does everyone smoke? Shikamaru, now Shadow? Jeez. "Bad habit."

"I know." Shikamaru said blowing out smoke. An awkward silence settled over the two Anbu, they didn't know what else to talk about.

"Do we have to keep these masks on for the next year?" Shikamaru asked hoping to Kami that wasn't the case. He was looking forward to taking it off even though he liked it.

The older Anbu shook his head "No, just until we get to the Sana. Then we'll be helping them with whatever they need, whether it's Anbu stuff or academy stuff."

Shikamaru nodded, yay teaching. What a drag. "We'll be living together right?"

"That was the idea. Just don't bring randomly girls home and we'll be good." Asuma said watching Shadow blow out smoke. Thinking about something.

Shikamaru took a breath and said it out loud for the first time. "I'm gay. So that won't be a problem." Shikamaru laughed to himself a little, never thought saying that would make him feel so much better.

Asuma was surprised that the young Anbu came out and said that. "Really? You don't come off as such."

Shikamaru looked up at Wind and cocked his head "What did you expect me to hit on you?"

"No, but...never mind most people don't admit to being gay." Asuma felt like an ass now. Shadow laughed shaking his head putting his cigarette out.

"Yeah well I've decided that I need to stop running from it and just except it. Besides I've tried doing stuff with a girl and it just didn't work. New village, new people." Shikamaru sighed remembering when he kissed Ino. Now that he was heading to a new village he need to be himself...and accepting his sexually was the first step.

Asuma had a feeling he was running from someone "Running from someone or something isn't going to help."

"It does when the one you love is with someone else and you need to get away to let them be. I'm not the type to get in between people." Shikamaru said sitting down.

Sure to many people he would be running from his problems, but he felt he need to deal with himself before dealing with the other situation, it was the logical way. "Besides I need to except myself before I take on a boyfriend or anything romantic, hell maybe by the time I get back I won't even like that person anymore.

Asuma sat down as well confused with the kids thinking "Even if it means you don't end up happy? Also how do you know if he doesn't like you? Did you even tell him you were leaving?"

He watched Shadow nod "Yes, I know he doesn't and no I didn't. I'm sure someone will tell him. But I think this year break is going to be good."

"Interesting take on that kid. If I were you I wouldn't care about the girl, I'd be selfish and make my move. But that's just me, or I would include them both..." Wind said laying down.