Chapter 14 : Captured...Twice

Darkness surrounds me. I feel like I'm falling into an endless void that is never-ending. I can hear light whispers echoing through my head, bouncing in there like its empty. I slowly begin to open my eyes, which seems to be a hard action because my eyes feel so heavy. My eyes slowly open, revealing a dark mist surrounding me. I can't see the ground, or the sky, nothing but this dark mist. Once I've got my awareness back, I begin to call out for Bilbo. I only get my own echo back. I try to call out to Thorin but also only get the reply of my own echo.

"Elora..." a familiar soft comforting voice whispers. I begin to look around, confused and desperate to find the source of the voice. I haven't heard his voice in so long it almost seems impossible to be real "Elora..." his voice whispers again, catching me off guard.

"Father!" I cry out trying to find him "where are you?" I shout beginning to run around in the dark mist searching.

"Elora! Help!" My Father's voice cries through the mist.

"Dad!" I cry out venturing into the mist towards his voice. I walk through the mist for what feels like hours searching for him. After a while, I look forward and see an opening. I run over to the end of the dreaded mist with relief.

The mist dissolves before my eyes, revealing a battlefield, the cries of men and the sound of swords screeching against each other fill my ears. I look down as a sword appears in my right hand, along with a bow in my left. I look over my shoulder, revealing a quiver of arrows. I look down as armour appears over my body. I quickly look up as I hear battle cries once again and the sound of swords against each other. Orcs, Men and Elves fight with all kinds of weapons.

"Elora!" My Father appears and grabs my arm. He smiles and leads me through the battlefield "Remember kiddo, your eye is the arrow. Where ever your eye looks the arrow flies. Remember don't be afraid to let the arrow fly" He explains to me. I nod with a soft smile "Good. Now let's crush these Orcs."

I run side by side with my Father into the battle, adrenaline pulsing through my blood. I shoot down a few different Orcs before I pull out my sword and strike down a few ten more, followed by another ten and then I lose count, the foul black blood seeping into my armour and clothes.

"Elora! Help!" I hear my Father's voice. I turn around to see a tall muscular Orc and my Father battling each other, the orc over powering my father as he bleeds from wounds inflicted during the battle. I quickly run a few meters towards them getting in range distance. I raise my bow and load an arrow. I lock it onto the Orc...but something, a voice in my head, is stopping me from realising the arrow in fear that I may hit my Father "Shoot! Elora!" My Father shouts out as his sword is flung from his hands and he tumbles back onto the ground with a thud. I hesitate for a moment but then release the arrow. It doesn't miss its target...but I'm too late. I cry out as the Orcs sword goes through my Father.

Being shocked out of my slumber by the horrible memory, I slowly begin to wake, my eyes too heavy to fully open. With my bearings coming back, I find it hard to breath, but I force the air into my lungs with loud gasps. I try to open my eyes again but they're still too heavy. I decide to just breathe in as much air as I can, to focusing on not suffocating. I try to move my leg but fail, then my arm but that doesn't work either.

As my train of thought finally processes all the information, my memory and thoughts begin to clear. That's when I remember where I am and what had happened before I blacked out. The company and I are in Mirkwood forest and then I was stung by a spider. I'm paralysed. I'm paralysed! What do I do? I begin to panic. Wait...if a spider stung me, then why am I still alive? Shouldn't I have been eaten already? Suddenly I notice the stinging pain in my back, remembering the burning sensation that I felt when being stung. It's nothing but a numbness and stinging sensation now, nothing compared to before.