Chapter Four - The meaning of Love

Love. The four letter word. The word that can harm the world. The word that can bring peace. The word that can destroy everything. The word that can fix it all.But to me... To me, the word means nothing. Love. Is nothing. It means nothing to me. And it's all beacuse of... him.

The boy I fell in love with when I was naive. The boy who comforted me in times of distress. The boy who meant everything to me. The boy who protected me from the world. The boy I loved...

The door pushed open just enough for someone to come in. I was still on the floor, curled up trying to block out everything; but it wouldn't work. I was drained of all energy; and I felt like i'd cried myself out.

Someone entered the room, and closed the door softly behind them. They came and sat crossed leg, next to me on the floor, leaning against the wall. I didn't know who it was but, I shuffled over to them, and lifted my head just enough so that it was resting on their thigh.I felt their fingers, play with my hair which was a mess.

I slowly sat up, breathing in the familiar smell of wood and citrus fruits and leaned against his shoulder. I still didn't know who I was seeking comfort in so I tilted my head to the side, slightly and my breath stuck in my throat. A pair of deep blue eyes met mine.

"Cinderella... Do you want to talk about it?" Alex; the boy who annoyed me the most out of the Shaw's asked me; concern thick in his voice.

I sniffled, and nodded my head, and then moved to rest it against his shoulder again. His arm wrapped around my shoulder pulling me closer, and normally I would've slapped him for trying such a thing but I was exhausted both emotionally and physically and plus- he was doing it out of comfort.

*FLASHBACK TO THE DAY BEFORE THEY LEFT NEW YORK*

Trinnngg.

I tried pressing the snooze button on the alarm clock but it wouldn't shuit up. So being half alseep,I did the most logical thing I could think of. I threw it against the wall and the noise died out. I was dozing off again when my door opened and I heard someone talk. I thought my clock had started again,so grabbed the nearest pillow and threw it towards the door when I suddenly heard

"Heey! Watch It!" I jolted out of my sleep and fell off my bed onto the soft floor beneath it. I groaned and stood up, nearly dying of shock when I saw my dishevelled refelction in the mirror on the wall.

The newcomer must have sensed this because I felt his arms wrap around my waist from behind me, and he rested his chin on my head.

"You look gorgeous Ella. You always do.Why do you think I fell in love you?" He mumbled, his head buried in my hair.

Even though he's said he loves me a million times, whenever he says it my breath gets stuck in my throat. But why he fell in love with me was a different matter entirely.

I gazed up at him, and asked "I'm not actually sure. Why do you love me?" I was curious to know.

"Because I just do I guess. I don't know.... Everything about you. I honestly have no idea."

I laughed at what he said, and then I felt myself being pulled backwards onto my bed. I fell with a flop, and he was standing infront of me the sunlight bleeding through the drapes casting an angelic glow onto him. His brown blonde hair looked silver and he had a smirk on his face.

'Who is he?' you might ask. He's the one person I love more than anything (excluding my dad). My boyfriend. His name, is Zack, and he's my whole life.

He jumped onto the bed, and lay down next to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I turned so that we were facing each other and drank him in. I felt so happy with Zack. I felt safe with him.Without me realizing it, a tear escaped my eye and he noticed this. He used one hand and brushed it away.