03

I'm greeted with a pile of shoes by the door, along with my teammates rushing to take the food out of my hands and into their stomachs. I suddenly felt small among everyone, overly aware that I was losing (y/n)'s undivided attention. I slipped my shoes off and followed her in, but she didn't seem to notice my presence anymore; she walked over to Asahi, her smile looking so genuine that I wondered if she'd been faking her kindness towards me the whole time.

"Hey," she said as she plopped down next to him, their shoulders flush. I sat on the floor next to to Daichi, trying to distract myself from (y/n) but I find myself tuning out Daichi and only hearing (y/n)'s voice.

"Yeah, we can share if you want," she smiles up at him as if they're the only people in the room, and the fierce blush on Asahi's cheeks makes my chest tighten.

"Suga," Daichi calls for my attention, a worried look on his face. "Are you okay?"

"Hm?" I smile, as if I wasn't just clearly eavesdropping. "Of course I am."

He looks at me doubtfully but thankfully drops it. He makes a grabbing motion at my drink sitting on the floor next to me and I hand it to him, letting him take a sip. He smiles at me and hands me a piece of pizza and I decide to be happy that I'm spending a Saturday with my teammates despite my crush seeming more interested in my much taller friend than me.

As the night goes on it finally dawns on me that (y/n) seems to be able to connect with everyone around her. She talks to Tanaka and Noya in a way that calms them down, and somehow they're not the rowdy boys that can't be controlled while they're gazes are locked on her. Kageyama actually laughs with her, his smile not the least bit creepy or forced. Hinata cuddles up to her like a baby and she plays with his hair like it's the most natural thing in the world. I even see Daichi and her in the kitchen, leaned in close to each other as if their words weren't meant to be heard by anyone else in the world. It all kills me to watch these scenes play out, and by ten o'clock I'm ready to walk all the way across town home.

Hinata is asleep in (y/n)'s lap and Noya insists on taking pictures (I can't deny how adorable they look and if I wasn't feeling so miserable I would've done the same thing), while Asahi is dozing off next to her on the couch.

"Hey," she whispers, getting everyone who was still awake to listen. "Why don't you all call your parents and ask to sleepover? They can totally talk to me if they want, I'm just too tired to drive you all home and I feel bad making you walk."

Everyone agreed and once we all got our parents' approval things seemed to finally calm down. (Y/n) wriggled out from under Hinata, placing a pillow ever so carefully under his head and throwing a blanket over him as well as Asahi who had fallen asleep as well. She grabbed countless pillows and blankets and threw them out to us, but an uncomfortable weight in my chest told me to wait until everyone was taken care of. She seemed to run out of things for us to sleep on, looking at me with a worried expression.

"C'mere," she whispered, motioning me towards her. I stood up from the floor and tip-toed over where everyone was lying down to her, my heart beginning to race again.

"Do you think you'll all be comfy enough? I don't have anymore blankets or anything besides the sheets on my bed," she gave a tiny version of her laugh, making me smile for the first time in seemingly ages.

"Don't worry about us," I said. "They're all already half asleep anyways. I'm sure it'll be fine."

"You're not though," she pointed out, making me blush. I stammered, not sure how to tell her I was secretly hoping she'd give me attention after everyone went to bed. She giggled at me, walking over to her kitchen to look through her refrigerator.