04

I'm woken up by loud whispers and giggles coming from the doorway of (y/n)'s room. I shot up once I saw half of my teammates watching us, accidentally pushing (y/n) off me in the process.

"What!?" She yelled, her eyes wide open but still clearly asleep. She let out a yelp, her head darting back and forth as she took in her surroundings.

"Is everyone okay?" She yelled, seemingly still unaware that there wasn't any danger. She was standing on her knees, her hands falling to her chest as she began to calm down. "Oh my god, I thought someone was hurt."

She let out a laugh, but then seemed to realize the actual situation- everybody staring at her and I, where we clearly fell asleep together. A deep shade of red crept behind her ears, spreading across her cheeks as she started to panic.

"It's not what it looks like!" She cried, covering her face with her hands. "Oh my god, get out. Everyone get out please." She was beyond embarrassed, looking like she might actually start crying as everyone quietly left the room except me. I reached my hand to place on her shoulder but she jerked her body away from me.

"You too," she whined. "Get out. I need a minute alone."

I wanted to protest but I didn't understand what she was so mortified about (it's not like we were found naked), and I got the vibe that it wasn't the time to ask. I silently left to face everyone alone, my heart racing in my chest.

Noya and Tanaka tackled me to the ground, their questions fueled with fake anger and curiosity. I pushed them off of me, trying to explain that what they saw was innocent and really not as exciting as they wished it was.

Hinata seemed more jealous than anyone else, pouting at me even though he intently listened while I told everyone we just happened to fall asleep next to each other.

"Next to each other?!" He shouted.
"She was half on top of you! You got to keep her all to yourself and it's not fair!" Noya and Tanaka began to get rowdy too, yelling in agreement that (y/n) was off limits and that if anything we had to take turns. I started tuning them out, noticing Daichi and Asahi in the kitchen speaking quietly to each other. I got up to join them but at that moment (y/n) came out of her room, her expression blank. Silence spread over all of us instantly.

"Sorry," she mumbled. "I'll take you all home now." She'd changed into a different t-shirt and a pair of shorts; I felt guilty for taking note of how her legs looked when she was clearly feeling so bad. Everyone shuffled out of her apartment, Asahi walking across the street to his house, only saying goodbye to (y/n) and giving the rest of us a solemn wave.

"Uh," she said as we stood in front of her car, waiting to get in. "I can't fit all of you..."

Everyone sensed her change in attitude, and Noya and Tanaka volunteered to walk home despite (y/n) insisting she could take two trips. Once they were off, Daichi sat in the back with Kageyama and me, while Hinata sat in the front with (y/n). She let him be the guide for about ten minutes before we ended up completely across town from where we were going. She tossed her phone back to me and I began reading her directions, when a text message came in.

Asahi: Can we talk please?

I felt guilty reading it even though I couldn't help seeing the notification pop up. I continued reading directions, while Hinata babbled on to (y/n); she didn't seem to mind though, a small smile as he made sound effects to go along with his stories, Kageyama chiming in with "Dumbass Hinata" every now and then.

She dropped Kageyama off first, Daichi quickly scooting away from me.

"Thank you, (y/n)- senpai," He said once he got out, falling into a deep bow.