Chapter 3: Alyson

"Okay and how long are these suppose to take?" I asked about the list of eight tasks.

"Well I'm gonna stop at this mini mart for the gum. And the freeway is just two miles from here." She said while pulling up next to a mini mart.

She grabbed her pink fur backpack and she slung it over her shoulders.

We entered the mini mart and I wondered if she even had money for gum.

The man at the cash register was reading a news paper and we walked through the candy isle.

She started searching for the gum and I guess she found what she was looking for when she picked up a pack of watermelon Hubba Bubba

She took her gum to the register and I watched as she pulled a quarter out of her backpack.

"50 cents." The man at the register said.

She frowned as she looked at her palm.

She looked back to the man, "all I have is a quarter." She looked him right in the eye with her puppy dog eyes.

"Oh I'm sorry, its okay I'll take the quarter." He said.

She gave him the quarter and smiled.

"Thank you have a lovely day."

Of course no one could say no to her.

"You're a witch or something you have powers." I pointed at her.

"You're the one who attends Hogwarts." She said shaking her head.

Once we were driving again I asked, "are you really going to flash a freeway?"

She nodded, "its always been on the top of my list of things I wanted to do when I get out of the hospital."

"What do you mean I thought you just volunteer there?"

"Oh yeah. Um I meant when I'm done volunteering." She bit her lip.

"Wait before we go commit a crime can we stop at McDonald's. I haven't ate anything all day except for M&M's, you too, aren't you hungry?"

"Ugh fine we can stop at McDonald's. And I'm really not that hungry I'll skip out on that."

"You haven't eaten all day though!"

"I'm fine really just leave it alone." She said annoyed.

I ordered a Big Mac, a Coke, and some fries.

"C'mon at least have a fry."

I put it next to her face she eyed it, "no, get that away from me."

"Julia you have to eat."

She took a sharp turn that had my Coke spilling and she pulled over on the side of the road.

She looked at me and put her hand over her mouth, she looked like she was gaging.

"Are you okay Julia?"

She stopped gaging and took a deep breath in, "I'm fine and my name isn't Julia."

"What?! What do you mean your name is not Julia? Why did you lie to me?"

"I didn't know if I could trust you I didn't know if you'd agree to still come with me but by now I could tell you're sticking with me. My real name is Alyson."

I gave her a look like I wasn't too sure, who knew maybe her name isn't Alyson either?

"Prove it."

She rolled her eyes and grabbed the pink fur bag again, she took out a wallet.

"Look at my drivers license."

She held it up to me:

Ontario, CAN

Name: Alyson Octavia Treyho

City: Toronto, Ontario

Sex: F

Date of birth: July 17, 1998

She put it back in her wallet before I could read the rest.

"Okay I believe you."

"Good. And please don't shove your french fries in my face again."