Let's Go Out With A Bang

Start from the beginning

"You remember in... I think it was 6th grade, where someone dared you to stand on top of the cafeteria table and sing 'Hit Me Baby One More Time,' and you actually hit him in the face one more time." I laughed at the memory of his beet red face. I glanced over at Roman again, whose scowl faded and a small smile took its place. 

"There was no way in hell I was going to sing Britney Spears... in public." I laughed, throwing my head back at the image of Roman singing along with Britney Spears. Instead of glancing at Roman I stared at him, trying to take him all in. His strong jawline, with his perfect plump pink lips. Along with his cute button nose, and my favorite stormy grey eyes. And lets not forget about his rugged, yet perfectly tousled dark brown hair. How did I get someone more beautiful than me? "You're drooling Esther." Instantly my fingers touched my mouth, but I found out that he was making fun of me when he laughed. I pushed him playfully on his large, muscular arms and tried to scowl but I couldn't. 

"You're such a jerk." I spoke. 

"I am, but you love me." He smiled at me and he was right. I did, and I wasn't leaving until I told him. With 30 seconds of courage, I willed myself to open my mouth. 

"You know Roman," He glanced over at me as he took a turn for the airport exit, "I think the first time I fell in love with you was on your birthday, at that lake with the boys. Its easily to say that it was the best time in my life. So I think I should thank you for that-," The truck pulled off of the highway, and before I knew it Roman grabbed the back of neck and pulled his lips into mine. There was a hidden hunger between our lips as they moved in sync. I brought my hands up and ran my hands through his hair, never wanting to let go. My heart was beating rapidly with each movement, and I couldn't keep up. Roman pulled away slowly, but kept his eyes closed as he left his forehead on mine and rubbed his thumb up and down the side of my neck. We were both heaving, and I tried to stop the electricity moving around my body, but it didn't work. 

"You love me?" He whispered slowly. 

"More than anything." He pushed his lips on mine again, and I couldn't think of anywhere to be than right here.

We eventually got back onto the highway, but he kept his hands in mine as we laughed and remembered our favorite moments of each other. With each mile I fell more in love with him, and felt my heart ripping. 

We finally drove up to the airport, and we both silenced as reality came crushing us. Roman parked the car and helped me take out my suitcase and my duffel bag. I took the duffel bag from him, and continued to walk into the airport. We didn't let go of each other until we came to my gate. They were boarding already and this time I couldn't hold back my tears anymore. I dropped my duffel bag as Roman pulled me into his arms. His smell was suffocating, but I wouldn't mind dying in his arms. I sobbed into his chest, and he tightened his hold on me. 

"Last boarding call for London!" The flight attendant called on the intercom and Roman pulled away from me, holding his face in my hands. 

"You better fucking come back soon, you hear me?" His eyes were glazed, over and red. "I will email you my address when I get there, and I will call you as much as I can. Please come back soon, I love you." He kissed my forehead, leaving his lips there as his tears fell on my face. 

"I love you too Roman." I kissed him one last time, and walked away. I grabbed my duffel bag and suitcase as I walked to the gate. I looked back one more time, to see Roman with tears running down his face. "I'll be seeing you yea?" I called back, with a smile on my face. He smiled back and nodded. 

"Yea, you will." I smiled one more time and walked into my gate, leaving everything I knew and loved behind. 

It was time to find myself, and that is what I'm going to do.