Chapter 20

Percy POV

The next day after that date I woke up with a huge smile on my face.  I was curled up on my bed in wolf form just thinking that I was engaged and it made me smile. I stood up and gave a huge yawn and stretch, then jumped down off of the bed and walked out of my tent. I changed back to human and continued to stretch my shoulders and legs. I had woken up long before anyone else, and I wanted to get a quick run in. I started at a light jog planning on just circling the camp, but soon I started to pick up the pace till I was sprinting as fast as I could. And in ten minutes I had circled the camp twice, but I was barely even tired or winded. So I started running again, but I changed into a wolf, and started running as fast as I could around the camp until everyone else was up. When everyone started waking up, I had ran the camp twenty times in an hour. By that time I was starting to breath hard, but I smiled a wolffish grin and thought, 'I can't believe that ran nearly a marathon at a dead sprint and I'm just now getting tired.'

If that was the case, then if I was just jogging I could probably go all day. That would be great in the battles to come. I walked to the Artemis cabin, and summoned some water to take a quick shower. I walked into the bubble in wolf form, and came out soaking wet, but quickly dried my self using my powers. It was actually quite refreshing. I sat and waited for the conch horn to sound for breakfast and waited for the girls to come out of the cabin and follow me to the dining pavilion. After every one put some of their food into the fire to sacrifice it to the gods. Everyone sat down and started eating, it got silent, but I felt like something big was about to happen. Something that would change this war and our efforts. I started looking around for the feeling. It was strange but I looked to where the Demi-Titans where sitting, and I saw him starting directly at me with a scowl on his face. His name was John, and he was one of the only unknown Demi-Titans. No one even knew his parentage and so we couldn't figure out what he could do because we couldn't even test his powers because we didn't know if he could destroy the entire camp. The look he gave me was one of complete and total hatred and disgust, but I knew better. That look on the outside may have had hatred and disgust, but I could smell his fear however slight it may have been, and the more I looked at him the more I could tell his body showed much more than  his face. I just decided to ignore it for now and deal with it later. As the girls and I ate I could tell that John was still staring at me. Finally as breakfast came to a close, John walked over to me. 'It's about time' I thought. I put a smile on my face, but also reached into my pocket and grabbed Riptide,  just in case. I could hear the girls start to get ready for an attack by reaching towards their knives, but a slight shake of the head from me was all they needed to stop.

"May I help you John?" I said in a sickly sweet voice. His face showed his anger, but I was impressed he kept an even voice and didn't yell.

He said then, "You have no right to help me. In fact you have now right to do anything with the Titans and their children. This is your war, and I demand that you stop acting all big and tough. While also demanding our respect. It has gone on for too long. I challenge you right now for your position as leader. If I win you listen to me, and I'm in charge of the Titans, and their children along with the demigods that are cowards get behind you right now." I looked around me, and everyone seemed frozen. A hard feeling settled in my gut, but I didn't let it show. The longer I spent around the gods and Titans the more I could start to feel the aura around demigods and other such people, and at that moment Johns felt eerily similar. It was extremely powerful, and honestly it kind of scared me. Not because I couldn't handle it but because I knew why it was so familiar.

"John if you want to do this fine, but release them. They aren't a part of this." There was a cruel smile on his lips, but he smirked.

Then he said, "oh no they are the reason for this. You say you love them and the gods, but honestly if you hide behind them then you really don't. If I release them, then you will just simply send more people to their deaths for your so called just cause. No for now they are mine, and will remain that way till after our fight."

I nodded, but had a smile on the inside, because if he was focusing so hard on keeping them all frozen, then he wouldn't be able to use his powers as much in our fight. It would also be extremely tiring for him. Especially trying to hold Artemis in time. I looked one last time at her and the hunters, then at everyone else in the dining pavilion. I sighed, because I knew this would happen eventually, and I knew that he wanted this fight more than anything else.

"Fine I agree, however if I win I want a talk with you. In private." I said while pulling Riptide out of my pocket and also activating my shield.

The look on his face was one of doubt, and a little fear. "How do I know that if you win you won't kill me? Just because I want to lead doesn't mean I will die because of it."

I nodded and quickly said, " I Percy Jackson, swear on the Styx to not harm you in our talk after the fight should I win." Thunder rumbled in the distance sealing the oath. He nodded his head, and got into relaxed pose. His sword was out, but was hanging really low and almost touching the ground. Before I could charge him, his sword changed into a scythe, that was forged with two medals fused together. That was when I knew that my suspicions of who his father was were confirmed. "John son of Kronos, are you ready for this fight?" With a quick nod of his head he charged straight towards me.