chapter 13

Percy POV

I walked back toward my tent in front of the Hunters' cabin. When I stepped in I saw Artemis waiting for me on my bed. When she saw me her face went from proud and serene, too angry in less than a second. "What were you thinking? He could've killed you. The poison on those daggers would have killed you, and made you taken centuries if not millennia to reform." She got up, and came over and punch me hard in the stomach. I let the hit land, and didn't retaliate. "Good to see you too." I cough out trying to catch my breath. When my muscles finally loosen, I stand up and breathe out. "It was the only way" I whisper. She looked at me still angry, but when she looked in my eyes. She knew that I was right. "Also it had to be in front of everyone, or else those that don't trust me would have said that I planted the evidence. No this was the best way." She quickly gave me a hug, and said, "I know, but I don't want to lose you." I looked down at her shocked. I realized then that even though I would reform eventually, she was scared of me actually dying. I wrapped her in a hug, and whispered soothing words into her ear. When she was calm enough again, I held her at arm's length, and said, "Listen Artemis, I don't plan on dying, however we both must prepare for the possibility. I promise that I will always return to you. It may take centuries, but I will always return to you. I swear it on the Styx." Thunder rumbled overhead, as the oath was sealed. She looked at me, and gave me a quick kiss. "I know Percy, I know." I smiled, then just as I was about to return the kiss, I heard three horns sound, I cursed under my breath. Artemis shot to her feet, and flashed us both to the border of camp. I looked past the border, and what I saw made my breath catch in my throat. There were thousands of monsters, and my old friend Hyperion. I smiled, and called out, "Hey shouldn't you still be in the tree in central park?" I saw his armor appear all over his body, but I didn't do anything. Instead I was trying to make him mad because an angry enemy is more likely to make a mistake than an opponent who is calm and can think through things properly. Artemis came and stood beside me at the top of the hill. I looked at her, and said quietly, "Artemis, I need you to protect the hunters. Let me handle this. Get everyone back behind the boundary. I'll make sure that these monsters are sent back to Tartarus." She looked at me like I was crazy, and maybe I am. I had literally told her to let me face all of these monsters on my own. That and a titan. I smiled, and pulled my helmet off and let it disappear. The action had the desired effect. The monsters instantly shied away from me, some even turned and ran. I smiled, and started to form some fire water which I then sent into the ground behind me, so that no one could see it. The monsters that stayed around after realizing who I was started to get ready for a battle. I stepped forward, and drew my sword, and changed it into a spear. I stepped forward, and raised my spear, and charged it with so much electricity, that it would've made Jason pee his pants. I charged at their front lines, but before I reached them, the fire water that I put into the ground suddenly burst out, impaling many, and then returned to the ground, waiting to be used again. I looked at Hyperion, and said, "Looks like your army wasn't even a challenge, you got someone else to fight for you?" He charged at me with a shout. I smiled, and waited for him to get to me. When he finally was close enough to attack me with his spear, he tried to spear me through my chest. I rolled, and made just a little bit of the fire water reach out, and yank his legs out from under him. When he hit the ground I jumped towards him, hoping to end the fight before it started, but he rolled out of the way just in time not to be impaled on my spear, however I was able to stab his arm preventing him from using his spear effectively. I smiled, until I noticed that his wound wasn't bleeding. I looked again, and noticed that there wasn't a cut there. I growled, and changed my spear back into my sword, and summoned some of the fire water out of the ground to make a second sword. I smiled, and charged at him. We dueled for several minutes, neither of us taking a hit, until I feinted toward his head with Riptide, and when he went to block it, I stabbed him through the leg with my other sword. He howled in pain, then curled over in a ball trying to ignore the pain that my water fire sword caused. I smiled, and landed a hard kick in his stomach. He groaned, and then I kicked him in the face, knocking him unconscious. I smiled, and signaled to the hunters to come and bind him up. I smiled, and walked back towards Artemis who was smiling at me behind the border of the camp. I walked up to her, and gave her a quick hug, then turned to Chiron. "The war has begun." With that I walked back to my tent and disappeared inside of it.

��V�Z�