Party Time

"Charlie! You made it!"
Connor wraps his arms around me clearly already drunk, his house is filled with practically the whole school. Everyone loves Connor he's one of the sweetest guys in school and the only guy that ever stood up against Johnny. He got a black eye out of it but everyone treated him as a hero even some of Johnny's boys who are also present at this party. Clearly visible and trying to stand out in their jackets in black and yellow the colours of the Stinging Bee's our school's representative.
"Wouldn't want to miss the greatest party of the year."
"How have you been Charls, with the whole Johnny sitch and all."
I shake my head and grab Connor's beer chugging it down in one try.
"Do not want to talk about it. I'm here to have fun."
"Alright chuggin Charlie is back!"
He yells and some people around us cheer.
Chugging Charlie has been my nickname ever since I won some drinking contest we had organized.
Connor grabs my hand and leads me into the house, loud music, alcohol and food everywhere, people dancing and singing to the loud music truly makes this the party of the year. I greet some of the people we pass most of them classmates no one really close to me. I kept to myself most of the time didn't want people to associate me with Johnny. People always react shocked when I told them I'm the captains little sister. They feel sorry for me and ask me how I survive him and his douchebaggery, talking about him in a negative way really doesn't make me feel bad. He simply is an asshole and everybody knows it even he does.
"Charlie?"
I hear a familiar voice yell my name across the room.
"Dex!"
I exclaim as soon as I recognize the tall muscled boy that's in my drama class. He doesn't seem like the type for it but believe me this guy can make tears flow faster than any high payed actrice.
"You look amazing."
He spins me around and plants a kiss on my cheek.
"Aaah the love birds finally reunite."
Connor says putting his arms around us. I look at Dex and he stares back at me sharing a sinister smile. To cover up both our gayness we decided to date each other in the public eye.
All the girls are jealous of me dating Dex because well he is the hottest guy in school. Perfect hair a body to kill for and the smile of a freaking angel. but none of them know he's actually gay, when we go on "dates" we are actually just watching Netflix at either mine or his place. Maybe back in the day the drama class would have given it away but this year the boys outnumber us by 3. The world sure has changed just wish my mom would evolve with it. I shake my head and steal Dex his beer this time.
"Wow calm down C you're going to knock yourself out." Connor says stari at me with an amazed impression.
"That's what I'm trying to accomplish."
I answer taking another well deserved chug. We all laugh and I'm glad I decided to come out of my shell tonight and have some fun.
"Charlie Figton?" An obnoxious voice makes me almost spit out my drink in disgust but I hold it in and turn around. There she is Rey Milton someone I thought I would never see again. I have tried to forget about what happend. My wounds have healed but scars never fade and by showing her face she has reopened old battle scars.
"Rey, what are you doing here?"
I ask annoyed taking another sip of my drink.
"You aren't still mad are you?"
Before I can answer my best friend interupts.
"Rey you are here!"
Connor hugs my enemy and I flash him a deathstare. He looks confused.
"You two know eachother?"
He asks pointing his fingers at both of us.
"No." I say.
"Yes." Rey answers staring into my eyes. I stare back narrowing mine until she looks away.
"I see what is going on here, Charlie can I talk to you for minute."
"Yeah I was feeling my soul leaving my body anyways."
Connor drags me to his room. The music can barely be heard in here.
"What the hell is your problem!"
"My problem is that you invited the Grim Reaper!"
"How was I supposed to know you knew her?"
Connor makes gestures at the door that sufdenly opens.
Dex walks in looking confused when he sees me and Connor stopping mid argument.
"Uhm what is happening?" He asks curiously.
"Stay out of it Dex!"
Connor and I yell in unison.
Dex backs up and leaves the room. I pinch the bridge of my nose and cross my arms.
"How do you know her?"
"She just moved to town, you know how I am with new people."
"You are too nice for this world Connor because you clearly couldn't see she's the devil!"
I yell. Rey and I have a very complicated history.
"Fuck you Charlie she's super nice in fact you two have so much in common."
I am surprised by Connor his sudden anger. I shouldn't have snapped like that.
"I'm sorry Conner its just, we don't like each other."
I put my hand on his shoulder and he pulls me in for a hug. He's wasted beyond his own understanding and holds on to me as if his life is depending on it.
"I just want you to be happy Charlie."
"I know Connor I know. It's ok."
I mess with his hair and smile at him.
"Just don't try to make us best friends again or anything."
"No I'm not crazy, I can clearly see you despise her."
I thank him and we walk out of the room, Dex is waiting for me in the hall.
"Sorry that I yelled at you."
"It's fine what were you twi fighting about."
A few people wall by and I throw my arms around Dex his neck all for the show.
"Remember that girl I told you about. Rey."
"The bitch who stabbed you in the back."
I nod .
"She's here."
"No fucking way."
Dex says also a bit tipsy by the amount he has had.
"Downstairs, she walked up to me all surprised and acting as if nothing happened."
"This must suck for you." Translation:
What a bitch I can't believe she just did that. He takes a sip of his beer and offers me some.
I happily accept his offer.
"It does, wanna bail and marathon Orange is the new black."
"I'd love to babe but..."
He leans in closer when some more people pass.
"There's a guy hiding under Connor's bed I was planning something with."
He winks at me and stares at the door.
I slap him on his chest and laugh.
"Ugh you're digusting go get him tiger."
He walks past me and I smack his butt, he chuckles as he enters Connor's room.
Well even my fake boyfriend ditched me tonight, I might as well go home and start thinking of a plan to kill Johnny without my parents getting mad but going away so early would be suspicious for my mom. Not how I planned to jump back into my social life.