Chapter 13: Pushing her fears further along

Start from the beginning

We move back to sit somewhere in the middle of the hallway. The floor looks like there's been some kind of explosion of trashcans but do we have another option?

We press into the small gap between the walls, the tops of our toes touching the opposite one. My glare is in a direction of some old sleeping lady and Clarke is looking out of the window.

We sit like that for another 10 minutes, just enjoying the loud noise of the rails leading the train towards its final destination.
Clarke breaks the silence. "What's your favorite color?"
This is seriously one of the questions I would never expect from a girl like her when riding to some mysterious city. I look her in the eyes, the amount of blue inside of them hitting me once again.
"Why?" I ask curiously. It's not that my favorite color is some kind of my secret but I still have a right to ask.
A sneer appears on her face. "Why not? Is it a crime to know such a thing?"

I look at my palms, hiding my uncontrollable smile. "Blue."
"Blue?" She laughs. "I'd expect black or something like that. Mine is grey."
"Grey? Is it even taken as a proper color?"
"Hey, don't try to fight back. Grey is a color like every other one."
I let out a giggle. "Okay then, why do you like grey the most?"
"It's neutral. You can wear it to anything and you can paint a room with it so it looks modern," she stares at the wall in front of her. "Also have you seen grey eyes? The most beautiful ones."

I'd argue with her on that statement. You can put blue anywhere too. It's the color of the sky. The reflection that you see in the water. The color of winter. And speaking about eyes? I would call blues the most spectacular.

"Excuse me, do you know where is the toilet?" I flinch from the sound of some old lady talking from the other side than I was turned to.
"Right on the end of this hallway," Clarke says before I can let anything out of my mouth.
"Thank you," the lady smiles kindly, barely standing on her own legs, and slowly crawls away.

"So now you're scared of old ladies?" Clarke laughs, dragging my attention back to her face.
I bow my head, hiding the blood in my cheeks. "Do you think mockery is a sign of a clever mind?"
"Will you always respond my question with a question?"
I look back up, sliding my eyes over her sneering face. "Will you ever be able to shut up?"

"Time to go, sleepy head," a sound of Clarke's voice suddenly breaks me out of a dreamless nap, making me burst my eyes open with shock. Falling asleep was unexpected.

"We're already here?" I ask, slowly getting up to a proper sitting position.
"No, I'm just too afraid to go peeing alone," Clarke laughs, the smell of her sarcasm spreading all over the interior. "Of course we're here, I wouldn't have waken you if we weren't. You looked cute."
I glare at her angrily, shooting with my stares like they were bullets.

"What?" She asks, rubbing the back of her neck. "Alright, maybe you looked like a handicapped turd but it may be associated with cuteness. Now we have to get off the freaking train, my ass hurts from that sitting."
She gets up and offers me hand. I take it and scratching the back of my head, I follow her to the door. People are going out of their coupes and the hallway is getting crowded.

I have our stuffed backpack in front of my face, hanging over Clarke's shoulder. As we finally reach outside, I jump down and look around. There are a lot of trees around the train station, making it look like from some kind of fairytale. There's a boundary where the railway ends and the massive forest begins.

"Breathe in, breathe out," Clarke says, standing right next to me. "Nice place, huh? Let's explore it a little bit more."
I close my eyes, breathing in the fresh oxygen. "I'm not complaining. Let's go."
Clarke steps in front of me and with a graceful movement, she throws the backpack at me. "Your turn." And she leaves me standing behind her with the weight on my arms.

-------------------------------

I gotta stop being sorry for the waiting. But at least I finally updated! My plan was to post a longer chapter but now it occurred to me that it would be super long and I'd rather separate it into two. So here you go!

Anyway, let's talk about the past week. I was so worried this fandom will fall apart but everyone proved me wrong. The trends on twitter, Elyza Lex and all the support. Btw would you like a Lexark fanfic someday? I kinda got hyped because the character and the whole plot line we created is amazing. So let me know.

Also as always, let me know what you think about this chapter in the comments and vote if you liked it.