Chapter 2 - Part Success

Grace's POV

"WHAT? Can you make out who it is??" Sam asked.

Rachel peered around the door. "No one's coming up. Someone passed by the bottom of the steps, and I thought they were coming up. Sorry." she said, shrugging.

Grumbling, Sam took out her mobile again and played Golden Days by P!ATD.

"Grace, you take guard duty now." Rachel said.

I went and stood by the door, listening for anything suspicious. I heard footsteps, and I silently beckoned the others closer.

"Must be someone passing by the steps again." Rachel suggested.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. All of us stiffened.

"Open the door, y'all. I know you're in there."

"Oh" I said recognizing the voice. "It's Anna. Let her in."

Anna walked onto the roof, furious with us. "HOW COULD YOU COME HERE WITHOUT ME??" she asked. Anna wasn't part of our trio, but she often came with us to our hideout. She was also the bunking expert.

The bell rang.

"So guys, I was thinking that we should ditch this class.......chemistry.............. And go on a walk around the school. It's been a while since we've done that. Also, I've found a way around Ms. Bright too." Ms Bright was one of our teachers and she was always standing outside the staff room, watching for any wrongdoers.

"Im in" I said, "And these two probably are." They nodded their consent.

"Okay, the plan is really simple. Our aim is to go backstage, where my secret stash of junk food is. Ms Bright will ask us where we are going. We will tell her different things. Im going to the washroom, Grace is going to the clinic with Sam, and Rachel is coming to look for Sam and Grace, because every teacher thinks Rachel is the 'good one' as they call it. Any questions?" She asked.

"Where do we meet?" Asked Sam.

"We will go backstage separately and meet there. We can't meet up somewhere and go together, because most of the teachers already suspect us." She replied. "All set? Let's do this! I'll go first, and you guys follow."

And before we could say anything, she was out.

"Grace, pretend to be injured, and im helping you get to the clinic." Sam said. "Rachel, come looking for us after exactly 3 minutes and 43 seconds."

"Ok. Why?" Rachel asked.

"Because I said so."

Sam and I went down the steps slowly. Sam looked around. Apparently seeing no one there, she called me. I went, limping and catching my knee.

We turned into the hallway where Ms. Bright always kept guard, and sure enough, she was there.

"Where are you off to, girls? Don't you have a class to be in?" she asked.

"Yes Ms. Bright, but when I was running in the playground, I slipped and fell. I think I've broken my knee. Im going to the clinic, and Sam is coming with me, because I can't walk very well." I sniffed.

Apparently it worked, because her face morphed into a kind of concerned look. "Take care of yourself. I'll come and check on you in half an hour."

"Oh no, that won't be necessary, ma'am. I'll be perfectly fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Im positive."

"Ok then, go along."

We walked to the end of the corridor and turned down the passage that led to the auditorium where the stage was located, and breathed a sigh of relief.

"That was close." Sam said. "Now stop limping and let's go."

"Oh yeah."

Seven minutes later, we were backstage, pigging out on chips and colas. This was really the best way to spend a chemistry class. I thought.

"Where's Rachel?" Anna asked. "She should have come by now."

"Should we go and look for her?" I asked.

"No, that would spoil the whole purpose of this plan. I'm sure she's just being careful and leaving a really long time gap between you guys and her." Anna reasoned.

I wasn't so sure, though.

Rachel's POV.

I started walking down the corridor where Ms. Bright usually kept guard. I spotted her at the end of the corridor, and at the same time she spotted me. She approached me.

"Where is everyone going today? Just five minutes, Sam and Grace went to the clinic, and ten minutes ago, Anna said she had to go to the washroom. None of them are back yet. Where are you going, Rachel." She asked. She thought I was the good one. The caring one. My role was perfect. Good girls are bad girls that have never been caught.

"Im going to check on Grace. She injured her knee, and Sam took her to the the clinic."

"Oh, I'll come with you." Ms. Bright said. I did ask Grace if I should come and check on her, but she refused. The clinic is quite far away."

Shit, I thought. Good girls are bad girls that have never been caught. Has my time come?

____________________________________________________________________________________

So THAT was the second chapter. It's slightly longer than the previous one. Hope you liked it. If you have any constructive and non-rude criticism to offer, you can comment it here, or PM me. Ciao!

-AnnabethJackson6801