Also, I might have a bit more flab and fat around the waist but I put a blind eye to it always. I wasn't going to become a model or an actress ever and as long as I wasn't having health issues and could fit inside my clothes, a few extra pounds didn't seem to harm me.

She was a minute younger to me but we didn't do the "I am older to you" shit. We just said and did things. It would be a whole wastage of time if we started fighting over trifling issues and surprisingly, she understood it as well.

People would confuse us had it not been for our appearance. Till eighth grade we were alike. We played pranks on the teachers, got away with our mistakes, helped each other out during times of need. We stayed together, laughed together until high school. And that's where our similarities ended and differences drove us apart.

We both had horrible looking thick framed glasses and wore braces. People made fun of us but we didn't give a damn because we had each other. We were together. I had my sister. But as I said, till middle school. During freshman year when the puberty kicked in and we entered into high school, we stuck together but I had a feeling there was something that was distancing us off. I ignored it. Maybe it was the whole high school awestruck feeling. But sophomore year did the deed.

During our sophomore year, Alice fell in love with a guy called Trevor. He was a junior, a popular one too. She was a good girl. He was a good guy, funny and charming and Alice got whipped completely. They were too much in love. She started spending more time with him than me. I didn't mind at first. She had her own life so she could do whatever she wanted. Plus, we weren't children anymore.

Like most people, she got sucked into the whirlpool of high school glittery world of makeup and boys. Somewhere down the line, I remained where I was but she went on further to do better things.

I wouldn't say I was at the lowest rung of the social ladder because our school didn't have that usual deal of popularity buzz. I could name few jocks who were made fun of because of their lack of brains and brainy nerds who were respected because of their charisma.

I wasn't an extreme nerd who stuffed my nose in books 24*7 either. I loved reading but not all the time. I did my fair bit of studying because I knew I needed good grades for a good college. I had no eidetic memory or high IQ. I was above average in class but not the first girl in my batch. I couldn't even say I liked studying. I did read books here and there but I wasn't a bibliophile either.

I had glasses because I used to watch TV too close to the screen and later on, the power increased because I used my phone a lot in the dark, pretending to sleep when mom came in. Well, the pretension didn't help my eyes unfortunately.

Alice went on a complete different path though.

Everything was alright till she did the deed. She lost her virginity to Trevor.

Big mistake.

We liked Trevor. Alice had even introduced us to him. My parents and I approved of him and he even came by for dinner twice. But after that night, Trevor suddenly broke up with her the following morning and revealed he was going away to Ohio. Few days later, he shifted to Ohio without any further explanation. He didn't bother calling Alice back or explaining why he broke up with her. Everything was so fast and quick that by the time I actually got to know about the deed, Alice was too deep in to be taken back.

Alice was heartbroken and shattered. I didn't get to know until three days later when she finally spoke for the first time since her breakup. I consoled her as any sister would do. She cried and moped around for days. She even gained weight and stopped going to any sort of social gatherings for awhile. I gave my best shot to make her move on. Now, in these situations I would expect her to come back to me.