Rome, Beds and Thoughts

*Maira's POV*

"I love Rome so much. I have always wanted to be here." I was practically jumping. "Yeah, me too. We never toured to Rome, though I really wanted to be here." Zayn smiled.

"Zayn and Maira." He said to the receptionist as we entered an extravagent hotel at Rome, Italy.

The white and beige walls were beautiful and I made a mental note to color the walls of my house beige.

"Sorry sir there is no such booking." She shook her head.

It was already 7:30pm and we were massively tired.

I know my people all too well.

"Uh, Mister and Missus Zayn Malik?" I asked her, "Yes ma'am. Here are your keys." She said, handing me the keys.

Zayn looked at me with surprise, "I know my friends well." I replied and he nodded.

"Top floor, honeymoon suite for the newly wed couple." She said sweetly and I rolled my eyes in front of her, "Let's go. To our 'honeymoon' suite." I said to Zayn, making inverted commas in the air as he chuckled.

We went to the top floor to see an extravagently romantic room waiting for us. There were red roses everywhere near the small bed, a big jacuzzi and a bath tub in the bathroom.

Oh. My. God. It was beautiful.

"So beautiful." I said as I came out of the washroom, "I'll go change, yeah?" I asked and he nodded.

I grabbed my clothes, went to the washroom and changed into a black t shirt and red shorts. Quickly, I wiped off my make up and opened my hair that were in a bun.

I went out to see him already changed in a brown capree and white t shirt.

"Up for something?" He asked, his eyes were begging for sleep and so were mine. "Nope, too sleepy." I shook my head and he smiled, "Me too."

He went to sleep on the couch, I layed down on the bed and switched the light off.

"Good night Zayn."
"Good night Maira."

The bed was so uncomfortable. I peeked at Zayn, he too was struggling on the tiny couch.

"Maira?" He called me.
"Yes Zayn."
"Are you asleep?"
"This is fucking uncomfortable."
"Same here." He chuckled.

I switched the light on, "Come and sleep on the bed." He shook his head, "No, its okay. I'll fall asleep in some time. It's only 9:00 right now." He smiled.

"Oh please Zayn, you are too tall to fit in that tiny couch, I know the struggle. Come and sleep on the bed." I ordered him and he gave in, "My back would have given up in the morning." He laughed a bit.

"Just keep your distance." I lied to him, "Yeah." He replied.

"Good night Maira."
"Good night Zayn."

I switched off the light as he layed down next to me. Soon, I felt my eyes getting heavy and I fell asleep, dreaming about the man I had started to like.

Dreaming about Zayn.

*Zayn's POV*

She is so beautiful.

I thought as I looked at Maira. Probably marrying her was not a bad thing, I know our parents have forced us into this marriage but I really like her.

Yes, ever since Ashley died, the only girl I ever liked was my daughter. However, Maira had changed this. Within a week she had made me feel so many things for her. She is the girl I like, the girl that can find a place in my heart other than Ashley, the girl I wish was mine.

I like Maira a lot. In these six months, I promise myself, I am never going to hurt her or make her cry.

Honestly, when we decided to switch between the sleeping arrangements, I wanted to tell her that I wanted to sleep next to her but I did not.

My feelings are the reason that I had almost leaned in when she was in my arms and inches away from my lips. That time I did not think that I liked her but now I know that.

She accepted me for being who I am. She accepted the fact that I was engaged to someone who is no more, that I had feelings for someone else, that I have a daughter and that I also have a responsibility of a mentally unstable woman. Yet, she accepted me.

Yes, I said that Maira can never replace Ashley and will never be as important as she was but I guess I was wrong.

Maira gave me happiness.

Even though my feelings for her have increased but I know that for her, Ali will always be over me. She loves him and I am just a six month thing for her.

She is so beautiful. Looking in her eyes makes me forget about the pain living in me. She makes me forget about the saddness and replaces it with happiness.

Though I am not ready to tell her about Ashley and our history. I don't want her to treat Ash differently just because Perrie is her biological mother. Moreover, I don't want her to think of me as a murderer. After all, I am partially responsible for Ashley's death.

Slowly, I felt sleepy and closed my eyes, thinking about the most beautiful girl in the world, sleeping meters away from me.
_____________________________

A/N: They like each other. Will they fall in love? Or things will get ugly?

P.S. Double update.

Loves,
Eishita xoxo