Chapter 17

Louis PoV

I sat up and watched Harry rush out of my room, standing in front of the closed door for a moment, before running away. I wasn't sure where he'd gone, but I didn't care all that much, either. I woke up, and I was thrilled to see Harry sitting there, asleep, but seeming to care enough to stay in the hospital even after all the other boys went home. I thought maybe, just maybe, my near death experience would be a rude awakening for him. I thought he'd realize he'd nearly killed me, and he'd realize that this needed to stop. I thought he'd care enough to stop. I really thought I was right when I felt those plump lips pressed hard against mine, like I've wanted since day one, if I was being honest to myself. But I was wrong. I don't know why he kissed me, not anymore. Those cruel words replayed in my head. His cold, heartless tone ringing in my ears.

"I don't want to be arrested for Murder."

I couldn't wrap my head around it. That was the only reason he wanted me to live? So, if I had been nearly killed by someone other than him, he wouldn't care? How could you say something like that, something so...the only world I could think of was cruel, it was just flat out cruel. I was the one person who would do anything for him, and he treats me like a fucking play toy that he can just harm as he pleases. Well not anymore. I wouldn't let him do that to me. Harry was no longer family, he was a pet. I was the owner, and Harry could suck it up or leave. I didn't care at this point.

-3 hours later-

The boys had come in, hugging me, saying how much they loved me, how worried they were, and poor Nialler, he was sobbing. I hugged him tightly as he cried into my chest. It had been a stressful three days for him, I imagined. We talked for awhile, and then I noticed Zayn staying rather quiet, fidgeting and glancing towards the clock hanging on the wall every few minutes. I leaned around Liam to look at Zayn.

"Zayn, you got somewhere to be?" I questioned. His head snapped up at the sound of his name, and hope filled his eyes at my question. "I just... I can stay, Lou, if you need me to, it's just... Harry had hurt Logan... And I-I..." I raised a hand to shush him, and he quieted down. "It's fine Zayn, go check up on him, I have Liam and Niall to keep me company." I said, smiling slightly at Zayn muttering "thank you" over and over again. I sighed when he left the room, leaning into Liam as he wrapped a comforting arm around my shoulder. "M' not going anywhere, BooBear," Liam muttered into my hair. If anyone ever asked me, I'd deny it till my dying breath, but I liked to be held, and cuddled with, even with Liam, or any of the boys really. Liam was the only one I had admitted this embarrassing fact to, so every time something bad happens, he's there, with his strong, protective arms around me, holding me so I wouldn't cry. My heart gave a rather uncomfortable squeeze as I realized why me and Liam hadn't done this in awhile. Harry had taken his place. I'd run to Harry when I wanted a cuddle, and he'd happily oblige. Now I'm planning on buying him a collar and food bowl when I get out of this hospital. It's funny how thinks can change so quickly, isn't it?

I turned to wrap my arms around Liam's torso, burying my face in his chest as I began to cry. I felt his warm hand rub my back soothingly. He muttered reassuring words to me, and I tried to listen to them, tried to believe them, but I knew they weren't true. It wouldn't be okay. Nothing was going to be okay without my kitten.

I heard Niall sniffle, and I looked up at the Irish lad. His green-blue eyes were red and puffy from crying, and a few rogue tears trailed down his cheeks. I sat up, Liam sitting up with me, his arm still around my shoulders. I opened my arms, motioning for Niall to come here. He fell into them without hesitation, wrapping his arms around my waist, his face pressed into my tummy has he cried. It was a weird position, all of us being on this tiny hospital bed, me practically in Liam's lap and Niall laying on top of me with his legs hanging of the edge of the bed, but neither boy seemed to mind, and I really didn't. I rubbed his back, letting him just cry it out, while Liam ran his fingers through my fringe, his head leaning on mine. Soon, The warmth of Niall's body on top of me, plus the feeling of Liam's fingers in my hair, was making me sleepy. I yawned and looked down at Niall, who had already fallen asleep. Liam nudged the side of my face with his nose. I looked at him questioningly. "Go to sleep, BooBear, it's okay." I gave him a sleepy smile, which he immediately returned. Yawning again, I leaned my head back to rest on his shoulder, muttering a quiet, "love you, Lee," and drifted off to a peaceful sleep, not even worrying about Harry.

(A/N - extremely short chapter, but I have the next chapter planned out, so it needed to be short. Anyway, I hope you guys find Liam/Niall/Louis friendship as cute as I do. And that's all it is, just a friendship, don't worry, Liam and Niall are straight. Louis isn't about to run off with him. Anyway, even more drama to come. Yeah this isn't a very happy story, so sorry....)