Chapter 3

Harry's PoV

Louis said he wanted me to be part of his family. He lied. Im just a stupid, brainless cat to him. I knew I couldn't trust them. I hugged his pillow tightly to my chest, fighting tears. I just met them, but there's just something about the one person you actually trusted stabbing you in the back. It hurts. I sniffled and hugged the pillow tighter. I didn't have anybody in this world I could trust. I was alone in the world. I was lonely. I started to sob into the pillow. I had nobody.

I heard a knock on the door, before I saw Louis' head appear. He looked concerned. Why would he be concerned about a stupid cat like me? "Go Away," I muttered.

He sighed and walked over to the bed, sitting down beside me. I closed my eyes and tried to act like I was ignoring him, but I was hyper aware of his every breath. I wrapped my tail protectively around my body, letting my ears droop. "Do you not understand what 'Go Away' means?"

"Harry, please, I'm so sorry." He sounded sincere, but I didn't want to take the chance of looking at his face and having the breath knocked out of me when my eyes locked with his baby blues.

"Did you mean it?"

"Mean what?"

"When you called me a cat. Did you mean it?" I asked, growing a little impatient.

Louis sighed. "Yes I did," I moved to get up and he grabbed my hand, pulling me around to look at him. "Listen to me! I meant it, but Harry, you are a cat," he muttered, stroking my tail, as if to prove his point. I wrapped it around me again, not wanting him to touch me. "but that doesn't mean you aren't family."

"I don't... understand. You can't think of me as just some stupid cat, and still say I'm part of your family."

"Stupid cat? Oh no, I don't think that at all! Is that what you were thinking?" he asked, sounding kind of horrified at the thought. I nodded.

"Awe Harry..." he muttered, pulling me into a tight hug. I buried my face in his neck, inhaling his scent. "Thank you," I muttered, hugging him tighter. He rubbed my back. "Your welcome, kitten."

"Come on," Louis said suddenly. I pulled away and he grabbed my hand, pulling me down stairs. A smell assaulted my sensitive nose as we walked down the steps, making my mouth water. My ears perked up and I licked my lips, tearing my hand out of Louis' and running to the kitchen. I barely heard the surprised gasp from Louis as I ran away. My claws came out as soon as I saw the freshly cooked salmon sitting on a plate. I didn't care who's it was, I devoured it, moaning at the taste.

"Glad you liked it," I heard Zayn say, snapping me out of my trance. I licked my lips and nodded. "Did you make that?" I questioned. He nodded. "Can I have some more?" I asked, not even caring I sounded greedy right now. It was that good. "Of course," he said, moving to the oven and pulling out some more fish. He took off four and put them on a plate, wrapping it in tinfoil, before placing it in the fridge. He then grabbed another plate and placed the remaining three on it, handing it to me. My mouth watered and I snapped back into my trance, cat instincts taking over. I ate the fish and downed a glass of water before running off to find Zayn so I could properly thank him and praise his excellent cooking skills. I looked inside the living room, but he wasn't there. I ran up the stairs, almost running into Liam, who just smiled politely and walked inside the bathroom. I opened a door without knocking, and saw Niall there in just his boxers, dancing to music on his iPod. I quickly shut the door and gulped, the image of a pale Irish lad shaking his bum in a pair of leprechaun boxers was forever fried into brain. I sighed and moved to the next door, knocking this time. No one answered. I opened it slowly and peered inside. There were a couple batman symbols around the room, and a picture of Liam standing with a pretty girl with curly brown hair. I wonder if they are dating. So, either Zayn likes keeping pictures of his friends relationships on his desk, or this was Liam's room. I shut the door, and knocked on the next one. This time I heard Zayn call "Come in!" on the other side. I opened the door and walked in, smiling at Zayn. "Hi."