Chapter [16] My Knight

Chapter Sixteen:

"What are you doing here." Skylor's jaw clenched a little. He stood there dumbfounded.

And honestly I was lost for words. It's not that I was scared, but just in total shock at this whole situation.

"I thought Chase was here...in the hospital."

"Why would you think that? Were you two following me?" He glared at us.

I exhaled a little. "Look, I'm not trying to make anyone mad alright? I just wanted to know if Chase was here so that I could check on him." I replied.

When I mentioned that I was only trying to see Chase, his glare had faltered a little. "Well he's not, so don't bother looking for him. I think you two should leave now."

After a quick stare down, I gave up and shook my head, rolling my eyes. I sighed, "You know, that's your problem. You think everyone has to do things your way, but you know what, I consider Chase a friend and I'll look for him if I want. Okay?" I turned to Bonnie. "Let's go Bonnie."

I didn't even stay to see his reaction.

I was at my hostess podium when I saw Brett and Jonah walk in.

"Jonah. Brett. Hey." I smiled. Seeing them two was probably gonna be the only highlight of my night.

"Hey, how's it going?" Brett asked.

"It's going okay. Are you guys gonna get something to eat here?" I asked.

"No, we're just gonna sit on the floor and watch everyone else eat." Jonah rolled his eyes.

I pushed his shoulder. "Well fine. Follow me." I grabbed two menus and walked towards a booth.

"So we're all still on for Saturday, right?" Brett asked as he sat in the booth.

"Yes. I definitely need a break from all of this." I complained.

Brett averted his attention to behind me. "Douche alert."

I turned around and saw Skylor walking towards me. When he finally got near me he nonchalantly said, "I think those tables over there need cleaning." He pointed behind him.

"And I think you should tell the waitress who served those tables. I'm on hostess duty today." I turned back around and started talking to my friends.

He tapped my shoulder.

I sighed loudly. "Yes?"

"He's busy, so that leaves you."

I turned back around. "Fine." I pushed past him towards the tables.

And that wasn't even the end of it. The rest of the night he was constantly telling me what to do, making me do irrelevant things, and he even took all of my tips. I couldn't take it anymore.

This was definitely his way of getting back at me because I followed him to the hospital.

"Ivy. I think the walls need a little wiping down." He walked towards me.

"I'm not doing that." I refused.

"I think you have to."