Chapter 1-Since You Asked.

Start from the beginning

Riley stopped dancing and realized this song hit a little too close to home these days and switched it off. She nonchalantly wiped the tear away from her eye and stood there trying to catch her breath. After a few minutes she clutched her bags and moved towards the door.

"What are you doing in here?"

"Holy Christ on a cracker." Her dainty hand flew to her chest. "What are you doing in here? Who are you? It doesn't really matter, i'm leaving now, I was just practicing."

"I was walking back from the locker room and heard the music, so I took a detour." Riley's brown eyes glanced upward to the unfamiliar emerald ones. "I saw you dancing, why'd you stop?"

"I've got somewhere to be." She tried to sidestep but was unsuccessful in her venture.

"Oh the party?"

"No." The brunette realized at that moment how bare she was and crossed her arms.

"Too bad. It's my party."

"Is that supposed to impress me?" Riley pronounced with sarcasm.

"Impress, no. Persuade, maybe." They both laughed and she ducked underneath his arm when he wasn't paying attention. "Well, where are you going?" Riley dropped her head and spun to face him.

"I don't even know you."

"Then get to know me." He insisted and obviously wasn't used to getting turned down.

Riley sighed. "Family, i'm going to see family."

"At 9:30?"

"Is there a point to this conversation or do you just like to hinder people?"

"The latter, but i'll text you the address if you want to go. Can you give me your number?" She shook her head no.

"If I decide to go then i'll ask my friend Maya. She's going. Have a nice night." Riley pressed the handle of the heavy school doors, freeing her of the prison that was school.

"LUCAS!" He shouted. "My name's Lucas Friar, since you asked." The brunette continued to walk away but put her thumb up in the air, indicating she heard him. "WHAT'S YOURS?" Again, there was no reply from the mysterious girl. "Mystery girl you shall be!" He exclaimed and trotted back inside with a smile plastered on his face.

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

Damn, who knew all the planes we flew.
The things we've been through.
That i'd be standing right here talking to you.

Lucas kept an eye out for the mysterious girl from before, hoping she'd show up and she wasn't playing hard to get. "I think I can help you find whoever it is you're looking for!" A confident voice uttered.

"Really?" His heart sped up but he tried to contain his enthusiasm.

"Yes, i'll just make it easy for you and stand right in front of you." He bit his bottom lip, depicting he got his hopes up. "Missy, Missy Bradford."

"Hi, i'm-"

"Lucas Friar, I did some asking around. You moved here about a month ago." Missy was beautiful and only slightly shorter than the girl from before. Her eyes were a pretty deep blue, but not near as captivating as the doe eyed brown ones. Why was he comparing her to a girl he'd known for a total of 4 minutes? The green eyed man didn't even know her name. "We have 3rd period together."

"Oh I must've forgot. Do you know a girl named Maya?" Her blue eyes glared, not afraid to hide her disdain for the name.

"No." Lying through her teeth. "Why?" He shrugged his shoulders and caught up with Josh, mostly to pull himself out of the conversation. "I'll see you later Lucas." She wasn't used to being turned down either, which was noticeable from her awkward demeanor.