11

"I can't believe that you have subjected me to this" I said, as Brian returned to the table with our first round of drinks, placing my glass in front of me before licking his finger where it had spilled over.

"I didn't subject you to anything, you were easily won over." He stated matter-of-factly, causing me to roll my eyes.

It suddenly fell silent, besides the murmurs of the many voices surrounding us. Neither of us knew what to say, and that was very unlike us.

"I can't believe our son turned one today" I sighed, trying my best to start some type of conversation.

"Me neither" he said, after a mouthful of his beer, clenching his face at the realization of how cold his drink was. "I still can't believe that I even have a son. Some days I sit there and just think 'damn, I have a kid!' It's still crazy to me"

"I know, but crazy good" I smiled, hoping he had meant it in the same context as me.

"Oh definitely" he smiled even bigger.

"Do you ever wonder what would of happened with us if James hadn't come along?" I asked, curiosity taking ahold of me.

"In what respect?" He asked.

"Just in a if I didn't get pregnant, do you think we would have even been boyfriend and girlfriend in the first place, or would we had just been friends with benefits?"

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that question?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Why?" I questioned, confused.

"Well you were the one always up for sex, you didn't want a relationship at all."

"Oh quit with that smug face" I laughed, it was true, but I definitely was not being a sex pest, we both equally enjoyed the others body quite the bit.

"The sex was fucking crazy, though" he shook his head in disbelief, then taking a sip of his drink. "I remember the nights in between seeing you the most. I drove myself crazy. I was the definition of pussy whipped, always wanting more"

"And now I'm just a boring mom, right?"

"Hey you could still be crazy in the sack, I'm not faulting your skills"

I got lost in thought after hearing those words, realizing how much of a difference in my life there was between me back then and me now.

"I mean, it's definitely hard to be up to that standard these days"

"Two second Tyler busting his nut too quick?" His banter towards Tyler returning once more. Me again not knowing what to say. "Your lack of answer confirms that in my head, you know"

"It's definitely just.... different with him, I suppose?"

"You're confirming. Thank you" he said, cheersing his glass in my direction before finishing his glass.

"No, no.. You're just, you know, different" I knew what I wanted to say, but I couldn't bring myself to say it.

"How?"

"You're just.. bigger" I finally blurted out, causing him to throw his head back in laughter, smiling from ear to ear, completely amused by this news. "And he hasn't ever gone down on me.. like, ever" his look changing from pure amusement to bewilderment instantly.

"The dude is not a real man at all" he winked. "I'm gonna get us another drink, maybe a couple shots, I've just noticed that alcohol is landing me with golden information" he said, before getting up from our table and walking over to the bar.

-

4 drinks and many shots later, I was definitely feeling the affects of the alcohol warm my body. Q and I had been at the bar for a little over four hours now, and none of us seemed to have any intention of slowing down. The only issue was the bar was about to close, so we had to move the party onwards, so we made our way to Q's hotel room, and ordered a few bottles of wine and an insane amount of food that we would be both regretting in the morning along with the accompanied hangover.